General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

civic vs. mustang

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 10:54 AM
Super Cereal Admin
Default RE: civic vs. mustang

ORIGINAL: stevie b
i have a 94 si
yet you're from new jersey

Old 09-22-2007, 11:18 AM
HCF Member

ok guys very funny yes it waz very dumb. but i dident see the cop till it waz to late. nd yes i have very good tires on it and less then a 1000 miles on them and the side wall blew out nothing i could do about that... im runing prellie p600

Old 09-26-2007, 01:12 PM

I just bought a new'07 Civic Si. I traded in my '05 Mustang GT for it. I can tell you for a fact that mySi doesn't have anywhere near the straight-line thrust that my 'stang had, but you should be able to simply look at each car's numbers to know that.

But I will say that if Iwere racing an '05-'07V-6 Mustang, my money would be on my Si. And when it comes time to deviate from a straight line? Please.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:18 PM

well i know im a noob but you have to analyze this from varying points i have seen only a couple of you guys touch on this the mid 90s v6ers were turds plain and simple, they got better in 98-99, but the 05 and up are kinda wicked that 4.0 has about 215 horse the thing that kills the new stangs is that they weigh almost 5000 lbs GT's being the fat bi**h of the two, but having 300 horse dont hurt, the mustang with very little suspension mods( drop kit two inches and koni shocks, strut tower brace in front, and panhard bar in the rear) will outcorner just about anything in the import market, not knocking civics, they can be fast they are the bane of the local runs, sneaky lil 4cyl's. I am fortunate enough to have both a civic and a stang, civic is fun, lil car zippy agile, and just plain fun to drive my mustang is almost a pain in the *** to drive,, stiff *** king cobra clutch, slippery *** no traction havin, but when she hooks up its fun times...

Old 09-26-2007, 08:56 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: maddhatter1979

well i know im a noob but you have to analyze this from varying points i have seen only a couple of you guys touch on this the mid 90s v6ers were turds plain and simple, they got better in 98-99, but the 05 and up are kinda wicked that 4.0 has about 215 horse the thing that kills the new stangs is that they weigh almost 5000 lbs GT's being the fat bi**h of the two, but having 300 horse dont hurt, the mustang with very little suspension mods( drop kit two inches and koni shocks, strut tower brace in front, and panhard bar in the rear) will outcorner just about anything in the import market, not knocking civics, they can be fast they are the bane of the local runs, sneaky lil 4cyl's. I am fortunate enough to have both a civic and a stang, civic is fun, lil car zippy agile, and just plain fun to drive my mustang is almost a pain in the *** to drive,, stiff *** king cobra clutch, slippery *** no traction havin, but when she hooks up its fun times...
I can bury a 05 GT with suspension mods in the twisty's and bury one in the 1/4 mile that has bolt ons and I am stock/bolt ons but then again I dont have a civic

Anyway, most newer mustangs will beat most non dohc civic's point blank, even v6 stangs. I mean I'm not a fan by any means but just because I dont like a car dont mean I will not be truthfull about it.

Old 09-28-2007, 02:16 PM

Just curious marty but what are you drivin?
I can bury a 05 GT with suspension mods in the twisty's and bury one in the 1/4 mile that has bolt ons and I am stock/bolt ons but then again I dont have a civic
my stang is old school, 5.0 has about $4500 worth of steeda g-trac suspension, sits 1.8 inches lower than stock has long tube headers x pipe no cats, and 3.73 gears in the back with an auburn posi unit, mostly stock internal 302, with cold air kit, MSD ignition, underdrive pulleys, electric fans no ac, griffin racing radiatior, goodyear blue nomex hoses, last time it was on the dyno was puttin 285hp and 345 tq to the wheels, hp at 4700 rpms, and tq at 4900 all that flows thru a king cobra clutch and world class t-5, fun to run the twisties with except when its wet outside...

Old 09-28-2007, 02:46 PM

This was a waste of a post. I believe he knew the answer but had nothing else to do. What will be next a stock Civic beating a Zonda?

Old 09-28-2007, 07:18 PM
HCF Member

I have a '00 V6 Mustang. Ill give you some facts just to clear you up. The slowest body style ran from '94-'98. They are slow because they were single ports, the '99-'04's are split port. Therefore faster. The V6's are 3.8 liters until '03 or '04, (im not sure) they were bumped to a 3.9. This bump resulted in a pointless 5 hp. The rating jumped from 190 crank to 195 crank hp. The '05+ V6 'Stangs are 4.0's. Im not sure the hp ratings. A stock '99-'04 V6 Mustang is good for estimated 16 second 1/4 passes. Base your question off of that.

Old 09-28-2007, 09:30 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: rebornsi

This was a waste of a post. I believe he knew the answer but had nothing else to do. What will be next a stock Civic beating a Zonda?
Oh come on that is a bit too extreme... we all know the civic would walk the Zonda by ten lenghts