General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

CIVIC WIDE BODYKIT?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 06:22 AM
Default CIVIC WIDE BODYKIT?

Hello.
I am thinking about developing a wide body kit for civic 2001+. Just would like to ask for opinion?
Do you think that Civic ownerswould beinterested in widebody kit, and if not which cars would you prefere with a wide bodykit. I know that there is many different w body kit styles and until I put a couple photo shop pics the question is not specific. I will post the pics shortly after.
Any ideas or provokingquestions I will be grateful to hear.

This is what I've done to this point with the help of the people. It took me a long time to realize that the project was a "little" to big for me.$....

Old 09-09-2007, 06:24 AM
Default RE: CIVIC WIDE BODYKIT?

f

Old 09-09-2007, 06:27 AM

s

Old 09-09-2007, 09:58 AM
HCF Member

Personally, I dont like them. They add un-necessary weight to the car, and don't even make it look good. I think they're a waste of money (the same goes for body kits and wings)

Old 09-09-2007, 03:01 PM
HCF Member

is that a civic???

if that is then i think a regular civic looks better too

Old 09-09-2007, 03:15 PM

That's an impressive one-off build!. I have to agree that I'm not too impressed with the look. It's so shaved that it looks unfinished. If you design a wide body kit for a civic, my only rec is to keep with the original style of the car. SO many body kits try to turn a civic design into a luxury sports car and it always fails.

Old 09-09-2007, 03:17 PM
HCF Member

I don't mean to bash I think it's awesome that you can fabricate full body kits, it's a neat idea....

But people buy civics because they like how they look mostly, and like to add on to that look. Maybe if you left the front end looking like a civic it could work. But thats just my opinion.

Old 09-09-2007, 03:21 PM
HCF Member

i agree 100%

i love the body lines and the overall look of the civic, i would only want to enhance things a little more, not create a new car

Old 09-09-2007, 03:41 PM
HCF Member

Personally, I think that looks tight. I don't think that anyone would but it though because it would cost too much. If they were going to spend that much to make a civic look like that, they would just buy the cars that look like that in the first place.

-Kelleykid

Old 09-09-2007, 04:08 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: kelleykid

Personally, I think that looks tight. I don't think that anyone would but it though because it would cost too much. If they were going to spend that much to make a civic look like that, they would just buy the cars that look like that in the first place.

-Kelleykid
I don't think he would charge the price of a Lotus for that shell.... He's prolly thinking couple thousand to five thousand or something.... Well actually it also kind of looks like an Eagle Talon....

Quick Reply: CIVIC WIDE BODYKIT?