General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

CIVIC WIDE BODYKIT?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 04:50 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: CIVIC WIDE BODYKIT?

wow, i wish I had the ability to do that... how much would a wide body kit run? not that I am looking to buy, I'm just curious...

Old 09-09-2007, 07:38 PM

The car on the pictures is build on a fiero. And is not nearly finished. it will probably take 20K more....big block...That's out of thetopic. Iput the picsso people know I'm serious aboutmakingcivicwide body kit.
Soon I'll have some pictures of the wide honda- 3d max or photo shop or both.
It is awesome that people like the civic for it's look and my intentions are making the body kit as close to the civic appearance as posible.
The kit if completed will be for the coupe but might be adaptable for the sedan also...that i do not know yet.The headlights of the 04-05 model and the stoplights will be the same. It is going to be a civic only more agressive. Pricing for the kit is way to far to say + there is no kit, but I do not think that it will be over 1500$ and there will always be the option for less parts that will make it cheaper.
Sombody said that wide body kit will make the car heavier. This is not necessary. the kit will not be peaces that you attach somehow to the car but it will be replacing most of the part( bumpers, fenders, hood.) It is possible that the parts are a little havier than theoriginal parts but i doubt it especially if there is carbon fibre option.
Firs I was wondering which cars are worth instaling a wide body kit? The civics are a lot more than any other cars, they look very sharp and it is unbeleivable how much tougher can thay look. So that's why i wrote to ges some real opinions from civic owners. Simply I am not sure how people will accept certain kit for civic and if the civic is the right car( in my mind it is 2001-2005 civics)?
Anything would be of help!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-09-2007, 08:11 PM
HCF Member

wtv to what they think i think that it is pretty cool and it would to be cool to see one of those on the streets

Old 09-09-2007, 09:12 PM
HCF Member

when it comes to a wide body kit, the only reason i would buy one for my 96 hatch is to get some wider wheels with more offset for better traction. which probably means just a wider front bumper with the same look, different fenders to make it wider but also with the same look, new sideskirts, and a quarter panel and rear bumper with the same kinda thing goin on. i would mind spaces or holes to make it wider, i just want the body lines on the civic to stay the same and for front foglights to still be the same, and the lights too

much like the widebody kits that you would find on magazines like import tuner or modified, that all keep the look of the car pretty much the same