General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

clutch petal - sideways.

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 10:20 PM
Recognized HCF Member

thats when sockets/ swivels and extensions help ALOT!!!!!!

Old 12-02-2008, 06:47 PM
HCF Member

Grrr! I have all the bloody nuts out.
the assembly will not budge..

grr..

Old 12-02-2008, 06:52 PM
HCF Member

just realized - typo in topic name. Ha - petal. What a dope. Pedal.. lol

Old 12-03-2008, 02:41 PM
HCF Member

So, i got down and dirty last night, and tried to take that bracket out. Stayed up ALL NIGHT trying. I figured out where all the bolts were. Thought I had it all out just to find out that behind the speedo cluster was another bolt. Grr.
Anyways .. got all that undone.. and still couldn't quite get the bracket out. There's a bloody bolt on the firewal holding me back.
So, im fixing to go redneck and take a cutting wheel to the clutch pedal section and rip it out. Fix it, then weld it to the firewall. I'll show it whos' boss.

Old 12-03-2008, 02:51 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well if ya do be carefull... dont want to melt any of your stock wires or start a fire behind the dash!!!!!!!!!

hell might just try removing the dash.... on my 96civic it really wasnt as hard as i thought it would be to remove... if i didnt have my alarm wires all over the place under the dash i would have had it pulled in 1/2hour.... puting it back in was even quicker.... but that was for my 96... urs might be a PITA....
just be carefull to not set your car on fire... have a garden hose ready at least and disconect the battery just incase it doesnt short a wire out the battery wont keep it burning....

Old 12-04-2008, 06:46 PM
HCF Member

Oh yeah. I know. lol. I've got stuff to cover all the wires and stuff so the slag and heat wont kill my wires. Don't need a clutch pedal issue to turn into an electrical issue.
Just went and bought some new clamps. Going to give that a try this weekend.

Actually tried to take off dash. Spent nearly two hours. It moves.. but wont free. Cant figure out exactly whats holding me back.

And forget the water hose. Don't need water in my car. Make things worse. I've got a few fire extinguishers. I have a large shop I work in, and usually do wood work in there... so lots of fire extinguishers is a must.

I've actually got some pictures of what I have done so far. Might upload just to show location of bolts for future reference.

Old 12-04-2008, 07:45 PM
Angry Admin

if you dont find anyhting check homemadeturbo.com im 99% sure i saw this on there

Old 12-05-2008, 06:19 AM
Recognized HCF Member

o well in my dads shop our best defense is a water hose.... we got a few extinguishers but thats only for gas fires....
along time ago my dad was welding in our paint booth and my brother turned on the blower system and a spark got sucked into the blower filters making them glow... before any of us noticed the whole filter area was glowing and flames had to be shooting outside thru the vents and alittle of the flame squeezed thru a bent shape in the metal and got into the insulation... needless to say the wall started to turn black from the inside with the wall on fire. we rushed to get the screw gun to pull the metal back to access the insulation and ripped it open enough to get a garden hose in there and then my dad climbed down the ladder and climbed up into the attic and racked back all the blown insulation from that wall. luckely we got the fire out and insulation draged back before it got to the attic...
crappy thing was by the time the fire department got to our shop it was done taken care off but they had to come out and rip holes in our walls to make sure.... half a dozen fire trucks including a water tanker.

but anyways a garden hose doesnt run out of ammo for a fire a extinguisher will run out..... waters just water unless you let it sit in the car and mold.

good luck at getting that thing fixed.

Old 12-06-2008, 03:25 PM
HCF Member

jprommel-- I went to that site.. and he did something similar.
However, he did not give any directions or tips on how to remove the assembly holding the clutch and brake pedals.
But it was a good read.