General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Cold air intake or short ram?

Old 05-10-2009, 02:50 PM
Super Cereal Admin

I never said an SRI, or even a CAI is worth a damn. In fact, I said "enjoy the new intake whistle, since that's about all you're going to gain with an intake on a civic", and that would be copying and pasting word for word from my previous post. If you'd go back and read my post, you'd realize I made two main points:

1) Dyno numbers are great, but no dyno is perfect; they need re-calibrated every few years (which most shops don't do due to the cost), and the numbers vary from individual car to car and individual dyno to dyno. The only real benefit from a SRI over CAI is throttle response, and I can confidently say nobody on these forums would notice the extremely minute difference in throttle response even between a stock intake and a short-ram variant, much less the difference between CAI and SRI.

2) I said $300 for 2whp is rediculous. As far as I'm concerned, any intake simply looks good under the hood, and that's about it.

Furthermore, I'd appreciate if your responses were a little more eloquently put into words; grammar and proper punctuation seem to escape you entirely, and to be quite honest, it makes it a bit hard to follow anything you say.

The ball is now in your court. I await your rebuttal

Old 05-10-2009, 02:56 PM
Banned

Sorry for I was not being Grammatically Correct in my punctuation Sir. But this is a car forum so I didn't find that to be necessary.