General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Compustar Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 06:39 PM
HCF Member
Default Compustar Alarm

I just got one installed today and I really like it, it gives me a much greater sense of security since I park outside. I have on question though and maybe I'm just paranoid....There has been a small LED intalled that blinks once every second while the alarm is armed. How long would it take for this small blinking light to completely drain the battery to the point I can't start the car?

Old 09-14-2007, 07:46 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Compustar Alarm

Maybe like 200 years. Its an led light, it uses so little power that you dont have to worry about it.

Old 09-14-2007, 09:38 PM
HCF Member

Yea, it will never drain the battery. I actually am running two LED's for the alarm, just a little added security so people know what is up.

Old 09-15-2007, 08:49 AM
HCF Member

Great thanks guys. How long does it take one of these LEDs to burn out? When they do, I'll probably get more than 1 for added security like you said.

Old 09-15-2007, 03:04 PM
HCF Member

Again, they take a long time to burn out........i dont think ive ever seen one burn out

Old 09-15-2007, 03:20 PM
HCF Member

never ever seen one burn out. btw, nice blue lx! always loved that blue on a civic.

Old 09-15-2007, 06:12 PM
HCF Member

Hey thanks! It's actually more of a light green, that's what I registered it as for the DMV. Alot of my friends say it's blue too, and I'm always trying to tell them it's light green lol.

Old 09-15-2007, 06:48 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: 99lx

Hey thanks! It's actually more of a light green, that's what I registered it as for the DMV. Alot of my friends say it's blue too, and I'm always trying to tell them it's light green lol.
haha, either way, its still a sweeeeet color. love the rims too.

Old 09-15-2007, 07:27 PM
HCF Member

Hey thanks. Yea, I like the rims too, they are subtle but look sweet with the color. They look real nice when I put a fresh coat of tire shine on too. If you were wondering they are the OEM rims from the 7th gen EXs I believe. They would look sweet on your black car too... I always see 01-05 EXs with REALLY dirty wheels that look like they have never been washed. Like that, they look like any other cheap OEM rim. But when you actually take care of them and clean them, they shine up real nice, especially when you shine the tires too.

Old 09-15-2007, 08:00 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: 99lx

Hey thanks. Yea, I like the rims too, they are subtle but look sweet with the color. They look real nice when I put a fresh coat of tire shine on too. If you were wondering they are the OEM rims from the 7th gen EXs I believe. They would look sweet on your black car too... I always see 01-05 EXs with REALLY dirty wheels that look like they have never been washed. Like that, they look like any other cheap OEM rim. But when you actually take care of them and clean them, they shine up real nice, especially when you shine the tires too.
i might have to snag some of those rims! How much did you get them for??

Quick Reply: Compustar Alarm