General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Concern about hmotorspots

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 12:34 PM
HCF Member
Default Concern about hmotorspots

Hey guys, last night I went and ordered up a Mugen lip for my car, paid with visa, and got the email receipt from paypal. Now this morning I check my e-mail again and its from "Hmotorsports" so I open it up, and I find the contents within a little bit iffy... here is the exact email:

thanks for your purchase, however for shipping and handling to canda there is $17.50 extra charge for air mail service. please pay the amount so we can process the order. thanks

Please include the previous emails when you reply, due to the amount of emails we receive daily all old emails are purged. If you do not receive a reply back please email us again as we might not have received your email. We answer all emails within 24hrs.

Check out our site update
www.hmotorsports.com
Paypal ID: sales@hmotorsports.com

For one, there isn't a capital letter on the first word "thanks", "Canada" is spelled wrong, and I don't even know how the hell I am supposed to pay the extra $17.50... you would think this would have been covered in the purchase... and also the sender's email is a hotmail account... turbocrx@hotmail.comI am very confused, I posted a while back and hmotorsports was recomended by many people, please help me! Last thing I want is to be ripped off over the internet when I have used visa and personal information.

Old 12-09-2007, 12:38 PM
June 2010 ROTM
Default RE: Concern about hmotorspots

I would contact them separately about your concern. I know, and I'm sure that you do, that shipping to the big C is always more expensive.

Old 12-09-2007, 12:55 PM
HCF Member

Somebody may be trying to phish you. I assume you used ebay for this purchase, if so, send an e-mail to the seller through ebay to confirm the charge. If the seller confirms, have him send you and invoice for the additional shipping through PayPal. You and the seller are covered this way. Never blindly send money to anyone. I always wait for an invoice and pay from within my PayPal account. I'm so friggin ****, that I won't even use the links in the invoice. I always log in to Paypal and pay from there. If it isn't in PayPal to be paid, I am not paying it.

Old 12-09-2007, 06:05 PM
HCF Member

no no, i ordered from hmotorsports website, not from ebay

Old 12-09-2007, 06:35 PM
HCF Member

I would still contact them. Even if it is legit, they did not provide a clean way for you to pay them.

Old 12-09-2007, 10:44 PM
HCF Member

if you want, just ask for your money back. If it's really them, they'll give it to you, you had no way of knowing about the extra charge

Old 12-10-2007, 12:29 AM
HCF Member

i got everything sorted out, thanks

Old 12-10-2007, 03:35 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: CrIyVaInC

i got everything sorted out, thanks
Care to elaborate so that future members can avoid having the same issue?

Old 12-10-2007, 12:09 PM
Super Cereal Admin

turbocrx@hotmail.com is the customer service guy at HMotorSports email address... I emailed him a while back when I ordered my Mugen lip for my EG to find out when it would ship. The guy doesn't use proper capitalization or punctuation, but it's definitely him.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:04 PM
HCF Member

Forty04, what happened was I was expecting something like an automatic e-mail from the company, I had no idea it would be coming from a hotmail account with no capitalization or punctuation, that's the first thing that threw me off. Secondly it was how the e-mail was worded with the extra charge "please pay the amount..." it almost seemed too demanding, and as mentioned before when I ordered the lip there were no extra fee's mentioned. Anyway I went into paypal andpaid the extra amountand my mugen lip is on its way. I guess i jumped the ball a bit too soon, this was however my second time ordering online, and first time using paypal.

And yeah, reaper2022, it's him alright. He isfast at replying back quickly i'll give him that.

Anyway as I said before, all is well now. Thankseveryone for your input.
I'll post some pics when it arrives, hopefully before x-mas!