General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Considering Returning It...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 06:28 PM
Default Considering Returning It...

Hello,

I got an Atomic Blue Honda Civic EX (MT, Coupe) back in Jan of 06, and from day one i've been hearing annoying noises near the front and just recently the left strut has been making noises, i've gone to the dealership's servicing center countless times to get the noises fixed, but no good, keeps on coming back. Now i've got this strut problem in which they're going to try to fix it when the part comes in (assuming that that is the problem). I love the car, but these problems are becoming tiresome... i'm just thinking my car is defective. I honestly want to return it and get a new one... of course this isn't like some toaster I got at Target, so i'm assuming it won't be that easy. Maybe I should just brave through the storm and have them fix what they can and just deal with it? Any suggestions? Has anyone ever witnessed anyone getting a car and trading it in for a different one because of defects, but so late in the game?

I'm a college student and I have no credit history (i'm actually working on that now), so I had to go through my parents and they have had awful credit history, right now my payments are $400+/mo because of the car, the lojack and gap insurance and honda care warranty (thank god for that since i've been to the dealership so many times)... I work full time during the summer and part time during my college semesters and living in a house with two roommates so money is extremely tight... just wondering if the car is even worth it now. Maybe I should turn it back in, wait for myself to have actual credit and get an Si Sedan. ...or i'm just being whiney.

Love the car, hate the problems, hate the payments. I know you guys/girls can't answer for me because it's ultimately my decision, but I would like your input...

Old 06-03-2006, 06:56 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Considering Returning It...

wow..ok well for the payments, thats up to you..you no what you can handle and what you cant, personally,i dont no if i would buy a brand new car with payments on it wile renting a apartment and everything, unless you have a really good paying part time job, somthing you dont have to make monthy payments on might be more easy on your pockets...and your cars still under warrinty right? so get them to fix the strut, i guess there replacing it?, if it still doing it after that..i would tell your seller the problems and ask what HE and do for YOU because your getting tired of brining it in all the time, mabey trade it in for a 03 or somthing

Old 06-04-2006, 04:41 AM

You know, i'm just gonna quit whining... just drove back from the Springs and i'm loving this car... I don't hear the noises in the front because i'm playing my radio all the time and the left strut can be fixed. When I get my good credit score i'll just refinance it in my name... This car is good for what I need to do, day to day.

Old 06-04-2006, 10:52 AM
HCF Member

If the dealership cannot fix your car after three tries (for the same problem), they HAVE to buy the car back from you. That is the lemon law.

Old 06-04-2006, 03:11 PM

Wow, really? Even if the problem is just that ticking noise near the front? Because i've been there for that more than three times...

Old 06-04-2006, 03:57 PM
HCF Member

are you searious? i didnt no this eather

Old 06-04-2006, 04:10 PM

the noise is most likely the upper strut mounts, and isn't a big deal other than annoying, i see saturns (even 06s) come in for that all the time, but there is no real safety concern thats why its taking so long for parts because they just order it and it comes in when it comes in. and if the problem persists after new parts are installed then talk to the service manager or his boss to get something done about it

Old 06-04-2006, 06:57 PM
HCF Member

Yeah if you take a new car into the dealership for the same issue three times in the first few months of owning it they legally have to buy it back from you... like AOD said it is the Lemon law..

Old 06-04-2006, 10:35 PM

You should of got a lemon law booklet that came with the car's manuals. It varies state by state so read up on it. Ive read on another forum about a guy with the same problem your having and its driving him crazy too.

Old 06-04-2006, 11:41 PM

Well i've read the Lemon Law requirements for Colorado and it seems if i've gone to the dealership for repair for the same problem four or more times, with unsuccessful results during the time of my warranty or within a year of purchase then i'm eligible for the Lemon Law... But before I go Law and Order on them, i'm gonna let them fix the strut first. I'm thinking the strut noise is an easy problem to fix, so once that repair is done, the creaking noise should go away... Hopefully. But the other noises that occur in the front, near the dash, so far their attempts to fix it have become unsuccessful. I think i've gone their more than 3 times, but they've only tried to repair it twice as they had to order stuff for it... windshield moldings or something. But no luck, the noise is still there. I haven't gone back to the dealership for them to attempt to repair it as I haven't been hearing the noises since my radio is on most of the time i'm driving, but I did drive down to the springs just recently with the radio off and it was quite annoying.

Thanks for bringing the Lemon Law to my attention. Hopefully the repairs will go correctly and I won't have to use it.

Quick Reply: Considering Returning It...