General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Crashed my car!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 09:24 PM
HCF Member
Default Crashed my car!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I was following my buddy, I was driving 5mph over the speed limit at a decent distance behind him. The light turned yellow and I thought he was going to go for it so I gave it gas. He didnt go for it and I rear ended him. His car doesnt look that bad, maybe just a new bumper, I dont know. Its dark, hard to see. I think mine might be totaled because the front is pretty jacked up. I'll post pictures tomorrow and you guys can tell me what you think. Man I'm so pissed right now, but like the cop said its not the end of the world. Also please check out my forsale thread as I'm am now hurting for money and done modding the civic.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:29 PM
HCF Member

sorry to hear. What are your plans then? Meaning for another car? Civic? or something else? Good luck bro

Old 02-20-2009, 09:42 PM
HCF Member

i dont even know right now, my mom is flipping out. I just want to pay for it and put it behind me.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:45 PM
HCF Member

I know exactly how you feel. I've been in 3 accidents being my fault. Being young and stupid. But after time you get over it and you'll do fine. My best friend actually totaled his nissan 300zx TT on thursday so I know he knows what your going through.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:59 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by jpnolan
I know exactly how you feel. I've been in 3 accidents being my fault. Being young and stupid. But after time you get over it and you'll do fine. My best friend actually totaled his nissan 300zx TT on thursday so I know he knows what your going through.
thanks bro, nice to hear someone who understands. All I have gotten is a scream fest from my mom. I cant wait to tell them about the speeding ticket i also got about 3 weeks ago... Its just really bad cause i got in a bad accident 2months into having my license. So this is two accidents in two years. My parents and I cant afford mistakes like this so I need to do some serious thinking about how I drive and my actions. I just feel like a dumb@ss and there is anything I would do to redo it. I mean if I had know I was going to hit him when I was braking i should have just swerved to the right and I would have been fine. I had enough time to do it, but i just reacted wrong....MAN THIS IS SOOO FRUSTRATING, but it helps a lot to come on here. It really calmed me down in the last 5min.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:20 PM
HCF Member

God this is my exact story from the first year I had my license. First month I had my license I got in a wreck with 2k in damage, second wreck 6 months later in a 2003 lexus 10k in damage, I thought it would be smart to tell my parents noone was in the car because of the Ca law. They found out that people were in the car, my dad didn't talk to me for a month. Worst I have felt in my life. Lastly was an accident in some twisties, but luckily I fixed everything myself.

I know exactly how you feel. I guarantee you will get through it, every night while your laying in bed though for the next couple months your going to think about all of it. You'll get through it being a better and smarter driver though.

Old 02-21-2009, 02:32 AM
HCF Member

Sorry man.

Old 02-21-2009, 05:22 AM

The same thing happened in my first accident. Thought the guy was gonna go and he didn't. And he even had PLENTY of time to go. That sucks a lot dude. I sympathize.

Old 02-21-2009, 06:27 AM
HCF Member

thanks guys, funny part is, it was my best friend i crashed into. There were some really nice Sheriff Officers who happened to see the crash and cam by and helped out.

Old 02-21-2009, 07:32 AM
HCF Member

Yeha dude, don't feel to bbad, beating yourself up over a mistake won't solve anything.

My first accident was me rear ending someone. I was second in line in a left hand turn lane. light went green and i took my foot off the brake (it was an Auto Topaz) figuring the lady in front of me woudl go and there was enough room the idle speed shouldn't cause em to hit. Well suddenly there were sirens, I looked around, still creeping forward and the lady in front of me hit the brakes. I hit her, and even though the damage was minor, paint transfer as far as I am concerned, she freaked out on me cause it was a brand new car and took it to the dealer ship and told them she got rear ended. This of course make the mechanics at the stealership say she needed a new bumper and somehow I cracked her exhaust so it had to be replaced too.

SO yeah man, don't worry too much. **** happens but you will live. Just take it as a learning experience, you can never predict what someone on the road is going to do.

Quick Reply: Crashed my car!!!!!!!!!!!!!