General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

cup holders

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by sexypants
There an overview shot? =p

Would that work in the 5th gen? In these pictures you've got, our center consoles aren't all raised. You're probably familiar, but just in case
They've got the part where you can open up the top and drop your 5" goodies in
Then right at the front end of that, maybe mid-thigh, it drops off and sinks down so the e-break is lowered. Not sure there's actually anything it could get squeezed between

I'll have to check
Anyone have any cheaply priced optional consoles?

Maybe I will go with the window holder hahahha
That's sweet.
sorry, that's all the pics i have of it
i think it might still work with the 5th gen console, but i'm not entirely sure. i'm sure there's probably a place on the side of the console it'll end up wedging against though and will probably work.
you could always just go buy it for $4 and go try it out immediately and then if it doesn't fit just walk back in and get a refund.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:29 AM
HCF Member

you are so wise trust

Old 01-23-2009, 08:30 AM
HCF Member

or you can not put a cup in your car.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:42 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Method
or you can not put a cup in your car.
Let's be realistic especially when your on the run swinging by a corner store , gas station or mc dicks you'll eventually need a cup holder especially driving a stick. And yes You might not bring a cup in your car, but your passengers will eventually.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:42 AM
HCF Member

i found that i can easily store a cup/drink inbetween in my seat and the ebrake handle..the ebrake and seat keep i wedged in there. i kno my drinks from wendys fit in there and also cans. the only downside is on how far back/close you put the seat makes a difference. my cup holders are broken so thats what i use.

Old 01-30-2009, 04:48 PM
HCF Member

lol i figured it was because them dang asians are generally smaller, therefore need smaller cup holders? but yeah they suck. they are actually dangerous too, like what steinbach mentioned if you're on a mcdicks run or going to a corner store, and u need to use the cup holder, any drink you have in there falls right out on turns. i had a waterbottle fall over and roll underneath the brake pedal once. Not good!

they are good for holding candy wrappers tho. top quality

Old 01-30-2009, 05:30 PM

actually, what's funny is if you read the user manual it says the cupholders are not to be used while the vehicle is in motion... kinda stupid though... if my car's parked, i'm not eating in the car, i'm eating inside. lol

Old 02-01-2009, 12:26 PM
HCF Member

hahahaha not while the car is in motion
man, bravo on that one hahaha
I have a feeling it was a last minute move

So your cans/cups don't get crushed between the e-brake and seat? Or wobble? I'll try that

Old 02-01-2009, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by sexypants
So your cans/cups don't get crushed between the e-brake and seat? Or wobble? I'll try that
Yea that's what I used to do in my old EG sedan. It works fine, you just have to be careful about putting the drink in there. Make sure you never put a full-to-the-top drink there, because the lid will probably pop off and drink spill everywhere.

Old 02-03-2009, 04:58 AM
HCF Member

yea thats true..it does not wobble or anything..

Quick Reply: cup holders