General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Custom paint, Need some insperation.

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 08:38 PM
HCF Member
Question Custom paint, Need some insperation.

Well going to be painting the civic shortly and was wanting to get some ideas. Not just colors but also paint schemes. Post a picture of your ride or one that you like. I have a good idea of what I want. But I would like to see what else I could possibly do.

Old 08-18-2008, 06:42 PM

Orange and Black wth black hood, rims and tail/headlights. dont go with silver or red there are just too many of those.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:05 PM
HCF Member

Im thinking of original black metal flake on the lower half of the car, then fade into a flat black on top with a Rally strip to go from the front to the back. Sorry no drawings or pictures. It's all in my head.

Old 08-19-2008, 12:04 AM
HCF Member

Mine is green with tons of color shifting metal flake, changes with sunlight and angles. Pictures never capture the flake as well as in person.

Name:  SFHIN2006.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  61.6 KB

Old 08-19-2008, 06:14 AM
HCF Member

Dang, how often do you scrape that thing on the ground? Is there paint on the bottom or is it all gone?

Old 08-19-2008, 05:45 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Robzilla
Mine is green with tons of color shifting metal flake, changes with sunlight and angles. Pictures never capture the flake as well as in person.

Man I like that, I'm also welding up the door handles, and putting poppers in. I take it you have bags on your ride?

Old 08-19-2008, 06:04 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Robzilla

LOL WOW I hope you dont drive that around town i dont see how you wouldnt get stuck on every dip :P

Old 08-20-2008, 12:16 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by subnet76
Man I like that, I'm also welding up the door handles, and putting poppers in. I take it you have bags on your ride?
Thanks!! I have done all the work my self, and its been a lot of work.

Yes it's on bags, the airlift strut-bags. 1/2 inch lines and valves and a 7 gallon tank. I put in the air suspension about 5 1/2 years ago. Its fully shaved, door handles, trim, antenna and windshield squirters. The rear bumper is molded to the body and i removed the plastic license plate box and installed a metal box with a relocated trunk keyhole. Also the entire interior plastics are painted to match. Under the hood matches and the trunk is fiber-glassed and painted. I'm getting ready to do realistic flames on the outside on top of the green. luckily I have an 03 Si as my daily driver so I can work on this one, to make more changes to get ready for the next season of car shows.

Old 08-31-2008, 10:27 AM
HCF Member

My fav paint scheme is chamillion(SP?) That **** is crazy but expensive. You'd be one of a handfull though!

Old 08-31-2008, 12:17 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by subnet76
Im thinking of original black metal flake on the lower half of the car, then fade into a flat black on top with a Rally strip to go from the front to the back. Sorry no drawings or pictures. It's all in my head.
I Hate civics wit striped i think its stupid... mustangs are the only cars i like wit stripes

Originally Posted by sfazngiants
i would add the viper to that list

subnet76 have you chosen the color you want yet?
^ +1

Last edited by NIKE H34D; 08-31-2008 at 08:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Custom paint, Need some insperation.