General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Damaged my bumpers

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 05:21 PM
Thumbs down Damaged my bumpers

Hey Guys!

I am new here, been lurking around for a while.

I hurt my car yesterday in a bizarre accident (it was parked in the garage, my other car hit the garage door bumping my civic forward into a dog kennel). Both bumpers are damaged. The front bumper has a dent and the paint looks cracked where it bent in. The back bumper has an actual crack (1.5 inches) in the bumper and some of the bumper is ripped, as well as paint damage (this is from the metal joint on the garage door). :hithead:

Anyways I am looking for some advice on where to have this damaged repaired for a reasonable price (bodyshop? dent place? buy a new bumper?)

Here are the pics

Name:  IMG_4148.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  62.3 KB

Name:  IMG_4147.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  30.4 KB

Name:  IMG_4150.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  54.2 KB

Old 11-18-2009, 05:27 PM
HCF Member

Well you could probably pop that front one, but it probably will leave some signs that it was damaged. The back one is obviously cracked. Any reputable body shop will be able to fix this.

Old 11-18-2009, 05:30 PM
HCF Member

^ditto pop the front out get the rear fixed by a shop

Old 11-19-2009, 01:55 AM

Use a hair dryer to CAREFULLY warm the front bumper. If the hair dryer has a little button for cold air, that's a major plus. Alternate between warm and cold or warm and off so you don't burn the paint, and then reach around from underneath and pop it out. If you warmed it well enough (BUT NOT TOO MUCH), there will barely be any signs that it was damaged.

The back bumper is cracked so it'll have to be fiberglassed or something. That or replaced. With it being a pretty new car, a replacement bumper won't be cheap and painting it to match will hurt a bit too. Probably easier to have a shop repair that bumper and then repaint. Pretty much any reputable collision repair shop will work.

Old 11-19-2009, 02:29 PM
HCF Member

I wouldnt take it to a shop, there are a lot of mobile vendors that can fix this onsite, the damage really isn't that bad, I did taht to my benz once before took a couple hours and about 200 bucks and it looked as good as new. Pretty good company I've used is colors on parade, they have a lot of locations across the US, I don't know where your at, either that or look for mobile bumper repair on craigslist.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:21 PM
Joy
Default Accident Civic 2009

I also buy a new civic 2009,same civic with u!
After 4 days i get my new car,i hv an accident!
My front bumper;bonet;radiator,etc are all spoil,my heart is very very pain!
Now i wondering after repair whether my civic will effect it performance or not??

Old 12-04-2009, 09:11 PM
HCF Member

if the dent was a bit smaller id tell you to grab a plunger and pop it out, my friend did that on his gti lol, it worked but obviously thats too big.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:39 PM

as stated before, try to find a mobile repair shop, or go to shops in the area. at least the car is still driveable, purly cosmetic damage. that is a big plus.

was the car in neutral without the ebrake on? im thinking thats the only thing that could have caused it to shift that much

Old 12-06-2009, 07:52 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

just do what wellfedhobo said, warm it up and reach behind it and push it back out

Old 12-10-2009, 04:06 AM

never heard about the hair dryer trick. i'll definitely use that if i ever get a divot in my car.

Quick Reply: Damaged my bumpers