General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

damn cops

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 01:11 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: damn cops

everyone hates cops when doing their job is pulling you over, but they are your best friend when they catch the guy that robs your house? correct? They are doing their job either way, ive been pulled over just because my car looks like a little street racer, the cop even said that, cuz i know him personally. And just because one cop says "we wont mess with you cuz of this or that", it depends on the cop, they interpert the laws as they choose, if they dont want to bust you for tint, doesnt mean another one wont.

But if you dont like law enforcment here then move elsewhere, because i guarentee when you need them they will be there just like when you dont want them there (IE when your out racing around or driving without a seatbelt). I may have bad feelings towards cops when they stop me for stupid stuff but i dont hate them, becuase its their job.

And to end my preaching/rant, wear a friggin seatbelt.

Eric.

Old 10-09-2007, 01:12 PM
HCF Member

Yeah cops can be *** hats at times. I like when they do there real job like protect the public and such but tint tickets are a joke.

Its like a ticket fro smoking weed, seriously find a real crime hapening and ticket them. The sad thing is that they say there is no quota but i know plenty of officers and they all tell me that if they dont give out x amount of tickets they must not be doing there jobs right so there you have it.

Old 10-09-2007, 01:31 PM

bx civic just explained it all...and i dnt hate them ..i just dislike the fact that theres so much more crime goin on and hes stops me with a tint ticket..get real man..well atleast my car looks jdm because i removed the tints completly lol

Old 10-09-2007, 02:53 PM
HCF Member

yeah cops suck, one of the guys who comes into my automotive paint store is an ex cop and he said he would pull over us "ricers" just to F with us and find anything he could give us a ticket for, he also said that he could care less if he saw a 67 camaro ss with loud exhaust, tints, ect. cause its not a jap car....<--that **** is Fd up its prejudice.....O and i got pulled over in the parking lot of my job on saturday, i was getting out of my car when i look back and there is a maroon crown vic and two cops with bullet proof vests on and huge badge necklaces...looked like they were about to raid a drug house, anyway autocrime
made me pop the hood and checked all the vins and parts to see if they were stolen, hes like is the engine VTEC im like no its a d15b7 non vtec....he let me go but its so fd up what they do to the guys in civics

Old 10-09-2007, 03:23 PM
HCF Member

they give u tickets for not wearing seat belts now adays, who knew that they were trying to prevent deaths... the ticket for seatbelt u should have gotten for sure and for speeding deff, but i disagree with the tints and music

Old 10-09-2007, 03:56 PM
HCF Member

cops are there to do their job and to protect you. there are tint laws for a reason too ( in the front anyway) if you have too much tint in the front it takes away from your vision and say there is someone driving at night with their lights off and you dont see them because your tint is too dark...
seat belt tickets are your fault, you should always wear them no matter what, and so is the speeding ticket.

I dont get the low thread in tires ticket. f*** that. thats retarded.
the rear is kind of half half, I don't see why you can't have dark windows, when HUGE semi's can't see at all behind them. rear tint shouldn't matter IMO.

and to jakeolas, that makes you sound real nice and will get you a ton of respect around here... (if you didnt get that, it was sarcasm)

and for that cop who said he would screw around with ricers, you could report him and he could get penalised because of his actions. if a cop everactsprejudicial towards you, or he actually says something rude, or inconsiderate, I'm sure you could call the police station and make a complaint about him. My old teacher had that happen to him,tookthe officerto court, and he got all the tickets cleared becausehe waspulled over for the wrong reasons.

Old 10-09-2007, 05:15 PM
HCF Member

yeah but that cop is not a cop anymore.. or so I understood.

Old 10-09-2007, 05:54 PM
HCF Member

Well you know alot of you are going to talk bad about cops til you need one to help you. And suddenly there a great person but if they are making you pay money they are everything but a guy doing his job. And yeah you know alot of us who drive modified imports are going to get alot of attention drawn to us. We are doing something different and a car that is fixed up is going to stick out of the crowd. Positive or negative a modified car is going to attract attention.If you dont like the attention go buy a car that is non modified. But otherwise man up and deal with the attention your car draws if you dont like getting tickets then keep it within the parameters of the law. especially tint ticket in most cases when you get those if you get them re-tinted to a legal percentage most judges will see that and let you off the hook. Oh by the way I am a police cadet, and look at my car all the cops that i work withknow there is some modifications to the car, and you know what I pick up alot of crap for it, but that is part of driving a modified car. Oh and for the record the best way to get out of a ticket be in the best possible mood and be as nice as possible to the cop

Old 10-09-2007, 06:20 PM
HCF Member

You can't be pissed about getting those tickets. Every one of them you knew that it was illegal, you made the decision and now you have to face the consiquences of your actions. Man up and stop complaining welcome to being an adult.I have tint and neon, I have been pulled over a few times for them but never ticketed, if I would have been or if I ever am ticketed for it I'm not gonna be mad at the cop, I'm just gonna pay it and move on because I know it can happen and I am willing to pay a few tickets to get to keep my tint and neon.

Old 10-09-2007, 07:34 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Strong Island

yeah cops suck, one of the guys who comes into my automotive paint store is an ex cop and he said he would pull over us "ricers" just to F with us and find anything he could give us a ticket for, he also said that he could care less if he saw a 67 camaro ss with loud exhaust, tints, ect. cause its not a jap car....<--that **** is Fd up its prejudice.....O and i got pulled over in the parking lot of my job on saturday, i was getting out of my car when i look back and there is a maroon crown vic and two cops with bullet proof vests on and huge badge necklaces...looked like they were about to raid a drug house, anyway autocrime
made me pop the hood and checked all the vins and parts to see if they were stolen, hes like is the engine VTEC im like no its a d15b7 non vtec....he let me go but its so fd up what they do to the guys in civics
and saying "yea cops suck" doesn't sound prejudicial at all...

Quick Reply: damn cops