General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

a day at the office

Old 04-22-2006, 01:11 AM
Default a day at the office

Tuesday morning I got the dreaded call on my 00 EX. So, I scrapped (and borrowed) enough to keep the tow man at bay.

That very same day I took my usual smoke break and here's how it went down:

3:30 regular as clockwork I went outside to pollute some fresh air and admire my car.
3:40 having reduced my life span by a few minutes, I went in side and finished some loose ends for the day.
4:00 my co-worker arrived and wondered, "that's odd, i thought he was here today."
(because he parks next to me everyday)
4:45 the ending bell sounds and the masses are released to enjoy the remainder of their day, except for me.
5:02 I am filling out a stolen vehicle report

Naturally, I thought the repo man F^ed up and kidnapped my princess. But they were almost impossible to get information out of, as most tow truck drivers
are I guess, and the case remained open for the night. At about 2:30 am my house phone rings to inform me that my car was recovered in a mall parking lot.
Minus $1000 in wheels and tires and about $800 in stereo equipment, a nice radar detector and apparently the bumper is now held on by only the fog light wires.

... ahh well, easy come, that car had 124K on it so I bought a 00 Si today that has numerous mods. That antonym VTEC means something entirely different to me now.

just a little light reading I thought you might enjoy.

pics will follow.

Old 04-22-2006, 11:29 PM
Default RE: a day at the office

Wow at thats some crazy stuff man. sorry about your EX, at least u got an Si out of it.lol