General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

dealership charging for something under warranty

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 08:12 PM
Default RE: dealership charging for something under warranty

read ur warranty very carefully and point out to them if this is covered.talk to ur salesman(if he/she still works there) and talk to the service advisor and ask them to help u understand the warranty. i highly suggest that u try to figure out what the problem is urself first. thotry not to mess with to many things because if u take the car in if its covered under warranty and they see that u've screwed something up, that'll void the warrenty and ur paying. the reason i say take a look at whats going on is because if u take ur car in and there really isnt anything wrong that u can tell, the dealership might make up something just to try to get some money off u.

that goes to everyone on here.

if u plan on taking ur car in for service, always check the car before the service to make sure it really needs a new part or w/e. i work at a dealership and i kno that if theres nothing wrong with the car and they spent time checking it out, that they'll make up something to get money. say u bring ur car in because u think it needs new brakes since it may be making a noise. if they see nothing wrong with ur pads/rotors, they'll say u need new pads and ur rotors need to be re-surfaced just to make some money. they literally are stealerships, becareful. i see clueless ppl come in and lay down hundreds of dollars for no reason...

Old 06-28-2007, 08:17 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: dealership charging for something under warranty

^^^^ dido, dido, dido times a thousand, i've seen it happen a million times, i always make them look like dumbasses when i prove them wrong though, lol.