General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Deer+Car= :-(

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 07:18 AM
HCF Member

Insurance called, They say it's totaled. I really want to keep the car and just fix it but I'm not really sure. Should I part it out? I just think that would take too long to get any money out of it. I think if i fix it and sell it i'd get more out of it.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:18 AM
Recognized HCF Member

WTF they totaled your car!!!!!!!!
is there damage on the roof that bad or something?

definatly dont let them take it. buy it back from them and fix it with there money yourself!
you can do most of the repair yourself if you have a small welder, (air chisel to speed up suport removal but not needed) a hammer and dolly to straighten out the front corner fender frame and some new parts... only thing that i would have done by a pro would be to recharge and AC system since thats most likely busted and just replace the lines yourself just remember to replace the Orings on them and put it together with good parts. youll be golden!

unless you dont like the car anymore.... if ya dont id still buy it back part out what you can or just sell the car as-is wrecked im sure you can get at least 1K bucks outta it AS-IS for the shell! dont let them smash a hatch.LOL

Old 01-09-2009, 08:24 AM
HCF Member

Yea they said it would be like $3600 to fix it so there gonna just total it. I can find an entire 99-00 si front end for 400 bucks. so all i'd need is a core support maybe a radiator and condenser. I could definatly do it all my self aside from painting it. I'll prolly do that. I can't keep it though because my insurance won't cover a rebuilt salvage vehicle, so I'd have to sell it. I'm just trying to get the most out of it in the fastest way possible. I'd love to buy an SI with it and I found one close for like 6K but I may only get like 3800- 4000 or so out of the in surance company. I hate to see her go because I really loved the hatch! R.I.P Hatchy.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:14 AM
Recognized HCF Member

they wont insure a rebuilt vehicle.... that sounds screwie....
my farm bureau insurance doesnt care.... they insuring my 96civic shes got a rebuilt title.
but if thats some stupid state law thing then id say just buy it back and slap it on ebay or local papers....

im sure there are enough shady insurance less people that will buy it and either not have insurance or posibly switch vin numbers from there wrecked NON REPORTED totaled car to rebuilt or put it as strickly a car show/demo vehicle with no problems!
or what about just liability insurance on the car.... they should still insure you there then since they wont be paying for your car if you wreck it again..

Old 01-09-2009, 11:23 AM
Banned

how much would you want for the car AS IS

Old 01-09-2009, 03:05 PM
HCF Member

Ah well they said they will insure it but not under comprehensive, but I could still get it insured. So I might keep it. Not sure.

Originally Posted by 96 Civic DX
how much would you want for the car AS IS
How much would you pay for it?

Old 01-10-2009, 06:51 PM
Banned

haha idk because i dont know alot about the car and i dont know much about pricing ****

Old 01-10-2009, 06:57 PM
HCF Member

It's gonna be cheep to fix. The core support is not even bent. I'll definatly keep it and fix it.

Old 01-10-2009, 07:01 PM

Glad to hear it! Are you gonna do the rebuild yourself or have a shop do it?

Old 01-10-2009, 07:03 PM
HCF Member

Yea I'll definatly do it myself. Only thing is, I'm not the best at painting, and I don't really have the proper shop setup for it. So i'll have a shop paint it. And with the extra money I've thought about a color change to champ white. Not sure tho.

Quick Reply: Deer+Car= :-(