General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

disabling the seat belt warning sound (civic 1.8V)

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 12:59 PM
Default RE: disabling the seat belt warning sound (civic 1.8V)

Look, I understand that the seatbelt is important. God knows it has helped me out on more than one occasion, but I have a 95 lb. dog that loves to ride in the front seat and stick his nose out of the window. His weight alone triggers the alarm for the passenger seat. I'm obviously not going to buckle him into the seat and if I buckle it behind him he tends to get tangled when he moves around. Also, what if I'm moving and have got crap crammed into my car? Do I buckle the boxes into the seat? I don't think so. There are so many people preaching on this site. Isn't the purpose of the forum to ANSWER questions instead of ridicule the person for asking? If you don't like the question don't post (as there have already been a thousand people who have said what you are going to). I take my dog with me everywhere and the noise is ridiculous. If I can't find someone who knows how to do what the topic of this thread says, I'm going to trade my Civic in and never buy a Honda again.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:29 PM
HCF Member

Just unplug the damm plug under your seat belt. That will make the chime go away and also the light on the dash wont light up

Old 12-05-2007, 04:24 PM

Ditto on all of the above. If you have ever had a accident with your seat belt on then you would never consider under any circumstances not wearing it. I good belt will lock you down & keep you from being tossed around like a rag doll. Wear it!

Old 06-25-2008, 11:47 AM

Well... some of us don't need an annoying beep to remind us to put on the seatbelt. What a bunch of lame responses.

The question is... is there a way to turn off the chime without removing the wire and affecting airbag performance? You know, like a legitimate way to turn off the chime? Yes, or no? If yes, then how?

In my Dodge truck, there is a process (not detailed in the manual), where you put your key in the accessory position, and buckle and unbuckle the seatbelt three times, and then you get a chime confirming the seatbealt warning has been turned off. The truck still knows when I am wearing it, it just doesn't annoy me.

Does anyone out there know wheter or not an 05 Civic can do this?

Thanks,

Daren

PS. Yes. I know I should wear my seatbelt. Thanks.