General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Doh! (Yes, In the words of Homer Simpson)

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 11:53 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Doh! (Yes, In the words of Homer Simpson)

Old 06-21-2008, 12:54 AM
HCF Member

Wow good luck with the o2 sensors. this thread helped me realize i should check my o2 sensor where the wire was ripped so i cut and resoldered and keep getting a o2 code..

anyways...i feel your pain on the 1 month and what ever many days. It sux. I started my swap project in december and finally my car is drivable 6 months later. My last semester of senior year i was driving my moms car with a Jersey Girl license plate frame and a UC berkeley mom decal....

better post up some exhaust clips said and done.

Old 06-21-2008, 09:00 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Method

you've gotta do it right, i don't know how you did it, but you can't just strip it and wrap some tape around it, you gotta solder it and put some heat shrink on it.
I just wrap some tape when I extended my o2 sensor and it work like a charm[8D]

Old 06-23-2008, 03:46 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

yeah I soldered my extension in and it worked perfectly fine. How much are these "extenders" costing you?

Old 06-23-2008, 05:49 AM
HCF Member

Well for the downsteam o2 I ordered a 32 inch that cost me $30 and for the upstream I ordered a 16 inch that was $26. Both were free shipping too. I really didn't want to spend the extra money but I also didn't want to take the risk of having my dad cut and solder my wires back together and then throwing a code and having to replace my o2 sensors all together.

Old 06-23-2008, 09:10 AM
HCF Member

Well, my other extender showed up today. I hooked that baby up, reset my ECU, and fired her up. For about a minute she squealed like a bitch on prom night, most likely because she was sitting for so long (I checked the belts and they were all running smoothly). After she quit sqealing she sounded amazing, even with the silencer in! I took the silencer out and about fired her up again. Simply amazing!!! I took a couple of videos with my camera but I doubt they even sound good. I'll have to get my video camera and take a couple of new videos.

I'm not going to be driving her for a little while now though. She's got areas that are primed and other spots that need some work on the outside. Plus I have the front bumper tore off and my headlights are gone. I need to get her painted and put back together before I'm willing to drive her, Otherwise I'll be ridin around like a ghetto as$ ricer. And there's no way in hell I want to look like one of those.