General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Drop or anti-sway bars?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 02:36 PM
HCF Member
Default Drop or anti-sway bars?

I'm debating between dropping my 98 Civic EX, Eibach Pro springs (not too much of a drop, a little over an inch) or getting some anti-sway bars. I already have full strut and tie bars (front and back struts, front and back ties). Which one do you think I should go for?

Old 02-12-2008, 02:45 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Drop or anti-sway bars?

If you like the stock ride, I'd get adjustable anti-swaybars first. Then I'd get adjustable coilovers.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:59 PM
HCF Member

The suspension is still decent it was actually better than my grandma's '00 Malibu (it has 30k on it, so you know it isn't really worn down yet). Which one would you say is better for handling?

Springs will obviously lower the center of gravity, making handling a bit better, and make the ride a bit stiffer (no complaints here, I love super stiff). While anti-sway bars, as the name implies, gets rid of the sway in the control arms, which gets rid of body roll while turning. That in turn puts less stress on the chassis, in addition to the strut and tie bars, that should be amazing.

I'm not really going to be able to spend *too* much money on my car for awhile. I'm trying to move out and I'm in college... so yeah. I want to do one last thing though :P I am somewhat leaning toward springs. I just want to know the pros and cons of both.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:36 PM

springs
pro: lower car(looks better), can improve handling(need to find the right setup).
con: cost a little more, would be a good idea to get new aftermarker shocks, slightly harder to install.

swaybars
pro: easy to install, a little cheaper
con: wont make as dramatic of a difference than the right springs, if u buya kit(front/rear swaybars) it'll be a waste since u really only need the rear swaybar.

i'd recommend the springs/shocks over the swaybars. do some research on Eibach, H&R, and Tein springs and also Koni, Tokico, and KYB shocks. good, cheap, reliable names that all have a vast line of products to choose from.