General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Ebay Scam - Careful

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 06:44 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Ebay Scam - Careful

ORIGINAL: KarTuneMan

Flebay..... never ever used it, never ever will. I like being able to put my hands on something I'm spending my hard earned dollars on.
Plus, I'm not a gambling man.
ebay isn't a virtual world lol
and ebay has nothing to do with gambling

Old 04-19-2008, 07:40 PM

well i dont know if you guys saw or not, but the last neg. feedback that was put he withdrew it?!, so im guessing that he eather got the product of got his $ back. and yes all, i do know it is a fke mugen lip. there was one real one on ebay for $400 and it wasent even a buy it now, it was bidding.the knock off will look better than my greddy one anyways, and with the rear lip, it will just flow about better. ill give it until thursday, and then im gona contact ebay.

Old 04-19-2008, 08:52 PM
HCF Member

ebay is going to make you wait quite a while before the proper action against the seller can be taken.
I'm not entirely sure of the amount of time, but i remember i had to wait until the last estimated delievery date was (basically like 3-4 weeks) then i could file the complaint and then they would actually do something about it
Get comfortable because if you don't get it and the seller avioids you, you're going to be waiting a while to get anything back.

Old 04-19-2008, 11:21 PM
HCF Member

Most ebayers are offices that arent open on weekends, just wait for an answer on a weekday.

Old 04-20-2008, 09:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Method

why would you buy something thats .99? your own fault.
Thats right suggetion, actually beware before you do something. at least you can minimize your mistake.

Old 04-21-2008, 12:12 PM

this is true ^^^. i just hope i get my moey back or something... :-/

Old 04-21-2008, 12:51 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ebay doesnt try jack.... if you paid thru PAYPAL... FILE A CLAIM ASAP!!!!! AND THEN ESCELATE THE CLAIM..... i garente youll get a responce very fast... just remember DONT DROP THE CLAIM UNTIL YOU GET THE PRODUCT......
ive had to do it a few times now...
and DONT leave negative feedback for them first.... the seller will just give you back bogas negative on your account.... alot of sellers do that crap so YOU or THEY file for Rating mutually withdrawn
ive seen it ALOT..... you can see that he has already done it once right there.LOL

just file a claim thru paypal if you paid thru them and make sure to escelate the claim... when you escelate it it basicaly FREEZES THERE ACCOUNT... they cannot transfere money or recieve money. so basicaly they cannt continue buisness till you drop the claim or paypal makes there desiction which takes time.... but if they do favor for you from not responding any and if he doesnt have any cash in his paypal account you basicaly then just got SCAMED!

Old 04-21-2008, 05:09 PM

Honestly, every part on my car that I have was from Ebay. Had a about one or two miscommunications and mutual withdrawls, but I usually received my money back within 3 weeks. Never had to file a claim through paypal though. Like everyone else, I'd say wait a little bit before taking any action. Good Luck with it all. If you paid through paypal on an Ebay auction, then you shouldn't have to worry about not getting your item or money back.

Old 04-21-2008, 06:14 PM
Recognized HCF Member

but you do... 1week with no email or tracking number IS TO LONG!!!!!
ive been screwed several times from scamers some thru ebayand paypal and some just thru paypal....

when its a real scam i still got screwed! because after the claim and paypal favors for my side of the claim... UNLESS HE STILL HAS THE MONEY IN HIS PAYPAL ACCOUNT.... "YOU DONT GET A CENT BACK"!!!!!!!!!!
so if they transfered money from there account to there bank account OR if they pull the money out with there paypal debit card from any ATM. and you wont see a CENT.

you might have had good luck but ive had afew problems.... but then again ive got over 300 transactions thru ebay so its bound to happen with that many transactions....LOL
ive only got 1 partial refund which was alittle under half back.......
once i got all my money back which turned out the guy was in a car accident and in the hospital for awhile. learned that after i filed a claim and won it.
and i think about 3 other times i was straight up screwed and even tho paypal favored in my side i didnt get a cent back from the deal!!! which is what like only 1-2% of my transactions...

most of the scams can be seen thru quickly before ever sending money or bidding.... but sometimes its just a screwed up deal...

Old 04-22-2008, 02:43 PM

ok, filed a claim on paypal. thanks addictionbass, ill let ya know what happpens. in the mean time, you know where i can get a mugen front and a typeR rear kit that i wont get scammed on?, i know procivic has both of them, but there $100 a peice...mhm might just have to buy those if nothing else. thanks guys for the help.

Quick Reply: Ebay Scam - Careful