General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

ef9 replica?? Caution or Buy?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 02:05 PM
HCF Member
Default ef9 replica?? Caution or Buy?

What do you guys think of this guys car for sale? Should I have a look at it or pass on by, and what are some caution tips when looking at this car although it seems like it was well done. He is willing to bargain down, im trying to get him to take at least 3 for it.

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...QAdIdZ49191779

Old 05-01-2008, 03:00 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: ef9 replica?? Caution or Buy?

IMO that doesnt even look that great...doesn't clean for having all those parts on it. Ive seen plenty of JDM conversions and that one just looks like a bad body kit.

Ef9 looks clean like this

on the other hand if you can talk him down a bit it seems like an ok buy. Not my cup of tee though.

Old 05-01-2008, 03:33 PM
HCF Member

hmmm you may be right he is willing to bargain mabey he wants to rid of it for some reason. Really ef's arent my cup of tea either i like the 5th gen hatches (thats why i have one, lol) mabey ill look at it but it think it is a cheap body kit. If i can get the price down enough i may buy it and return all ground effects to the stock oem fenders. That might look badass. Thanks christian

Old 05-02-2008, 03:11 PM
HCF Member

Hopefully it's just new pictures vs old pictures. Which means the wheels are painted red. Arrrggghhh...

Old 05-02-2008, 08:07 PM
HCF Member

according to the guy he has two sets of wheels for the car lol

Old 05-03-2008, 03:20 AM
HCF Member

At least he's calling it a "replica". No matter if it's a cheapbody kit or whatever. (i can't tell, i know nothing about body kits) Just glad he's not trying to pass it off as an originalEF9. He's probably in the same position so many people are. He's spent sooo much time and money on this car, he'll never get out of it what he has in it. Could actually be a really great little car, but it's still 18+ years old.

Old 05-03-2008, 09:18 AM
HCF Member

ya i agree totally with you, thats actually why im afraid of throwing money into my car being it is a 94. I am going to take a look atthe car today, I mean if I can get a little ef hatch with a decent body (no rust, paint is good) with a b16 swapped into it and decent parts on the car, then I might just buy it. My plan anyways is to remove the body kit and have the oem body pieces put back on and painted to match. That should look pretty good on the car, then it will be just a clean little hatch with some extra power. Ill see what he will bargain to. Ive really had my eye on a 240sx coupe i seen though, completely oem with leather and clean body, might just buy it and get a friend to help me with a sr20det swap.