General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Eg or Ek?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 07:00 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Eg or Ek?

ORIGINAL: the_turtle

the eg hatch is sexy..i dont like the ek hatch tails...but i love the ej (ek coupes are Ej's) the eg has a little more room for the swap...its really just opinion, the ek is new, more modern styling...the eg is a little lighter, more simple. both will get the job done...but your best bet to find a nice shell for 4k will be an eg...but, i cant find hatches anywhere around here so im SOL and have to stay with my ej..but i love it to death!
ORIGINAL: ej6buddy

eg is cheaper and lighter, rather more simple than the ek

ek is a tad heavier, but is newer with a tad more styling

both will easily be swapped with your motor.

basically, it's up to you which one suits you more
um, i think i already covered that, lol

Old 05-14-2007, 08:02 PM

EG hatch is kool, but I kind of like the EK coupes better. Everybody has done the EG hatch! Don't get me wrong they are both sexy cars ,but hey its your call!

Old 05-14-2007, 09:31 PM

The other thing i need to know is track durability.
I know the Eg is smaller and a bit lighter, but wouldnt the ek's new frame be a bit stronger?
(sorry for the stupid questions im just getting into honda tuning!)

Old 05-14-2007, 09:34 PM
HCF Member

eg coupe ftw Sturctural integrty shouldnt be that different between gens

Old 05-14-2007, 11:24 PM
HCF Member

EG hatch. sooooo much potential

Old 05-15-2007, 08:42 AM
HCF Member

the eg hatch is sexy..i dont like the ek hatch tails...but i love the ej (ek coupes are Ej's) the eg has a little more room for the swap...its really just opinion, the ek is new, more modern styling...the eg is a little lighter, more simple. both will get the job done...but your best bet to find a nice shell for 4k will be an eg...but, i cant find hatches anywhere around here so im SOL and have to stay with my ej..but i love it to death!

eg is cheaper and lighter, rather more simple than the ek

ek is a tad heavier, but is newer with a tad more styling

both will easily be swapped with your motor.

basically, it's up to you which one suits you more
um, i think i already covered that, lol
do you seriously wanna be a douche???? i wasnt just going to post my opinion without something to go along with it....even if it already had been stated...and no....ek/ej will have a harder (but not by much) time swaping in the b20 over the eg.....so really, that was one thing you should have left out of bold and you just said styleing...what styleing??? im talking interior design and button/guages.....i think you really only mean body styleing....which..the eg was "modern" when it came out any way.

sorry to come off as an *** but really i dont think you should have stated that.

Old 05-15-2007, 08:44 AM
HCF Member

forget eg and ek ...EJ

Old 05-15-2007, 11:32 AM
HCF Member

do you seriously wanna be a douche???? i wasnt just going to post my opinion without something to go along with it....even if it already had been stated...and no....ek/ej will have a harder (but not by much) time swaping in the b20 over the eg.....so really, that was one thing you should have left out of bold and you just said styleing...what styleing??? im talking interior design and button/guages.....i think you really only mean body styleing....which..the eg was "modern" when it came out any way.

sorry to come off as an *** but really i dont think you should have stated that.
calm down, i wasn't insulting you like you just did, i just don't see the point in repeating what someone else already covered. and it's not spelled "styleing" if you want to be an a$$, i typed "styling", indicating overall, and you can't compare cars styling when the time they came out on the market. that post was meant to be a joke, but i guess you can't take it