General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Which engine? eg hatch rally car

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 11:45 AM
Default RE: Which engine? eg hatch rally car

haha a i've never heard of a rallied out civ, thats def. a first for me. dude do it. that woul be the sickest thing ever. (next to the civette)

Old 02-26-2008, 12:53 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: hellbender

Method:
but with the h22 wont i have to use hood spacers because it wont fit under the hood or am i mistaken? Also, wont i lose the AC and power steering? I would like to keep my AC and power steering for now. If i did go that route i would do H2B or could i mate it with the tranny i have now in my SI?
i don't have hood spacers on my car. fits fine. who needs ac and power steering? i don't have any of those. you can't mate it with your orgian; tranny. it will have to be an h or h2b.

Old 02-26-2008, 02:31 PM
HCF Member

Stock H2b in you eg hatch (200 hp version) is faster in the quarter than the 350z and the mustang gt in stock form

Old 02-26-2008, 02:44 PM

if ur actually going to rally this car, dont go for a turbo/h22. tooo much power with fwd off road may not be the best idea. u'll just end up spinning tires the entire course and if its muddy, well good luck moving lol. if ur thinking about actually being a bit competitive in rally, read the rule books and run ur car stock first. build ur skill then mod.

ORIGINAL: wallgreens16

haha a i've never heard of a rallied out civ, thats def. a first for me. dude do it. that woul be the sickest thing ever. (next to the civette)
i saw an EG rallying on sunday, was siiiicckk

Old 02-26-2008, 06:52 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mybrokenblinker

Stock H2b in you eg hatch (200 hp version) is faster in the quarter than the 350z and the mustang gt in stock form
really what about an 200 hp ef hatch? 300hp? imnguessing that ill get super tire squeal when i shift :[

Old 02-26-2008, 07:49 PM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: hellbender

MXS:
Yes, that might or might not be my eventual goal depending on how long i keep this car and how much i modify it but at first it would be road rally and rallycross events. I have always been interested in that sport but this would be my first attempt to try it out. I have raced my friends offroad on dirt fireroads with slightly modified cars for quite a few years now for fun but nothing serious or anythign that has been extensively modified.
I compete locally in both rallycross and road rally events. Believe me when I say that power is the least of your concerns! Quarter mile times don't mean anything on dirt. It's all about tires and the good driver mod. There are plenty of Honda rally cars out there.
If you want to do a swap anyway I'd go with a B18B1 out of a non-VTEC Integra. They are a dime a dozen and pretty torquey. LSD transmission would be fun too.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:56 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: jpnolan

really what about an 200 hp ef hatch? 300hp? imnguessing that ill get super tire squeal when i shift :[
A stock eg h2b can break 12's no problem with slicks, and they're in the 13's on street tires. and the 350z's are in the fourteens.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:19 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: jpnolan

A stock eg h2b can break 12's no problem with slicks, and they're in the 13's on street tires. and the 350z's are in the fourteens.
with what a sir b16a?

Old 02-27-2008, 07:11 PM

civicexracer:
yeah , i probably wont be going turbo for the reason you mentioned and also i want this car smog legal.

MXS: You are right, i have been doing alot of reading on specialstage and rally america and it seems that suspension and tires is key besides driver skill for rallying. I do still want an engine swap however as i will use this car as a secondary DD until its fully built for rally which is a year or two off most likely and the car has 214k on it already. I was thinking of either going with the b18b boring it out to 84.5mm w/sleeves and about 11.5.1 cror going with the gsr block anddoing the same with the advantage of having vtec as well.Or Ifi decide on the h2b my only worry isif i can live without AC in the socal heat, blah. I live in the valley and it hits 100plus easy during the summer months here.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:03 PM
Stinky Administrator

heres a civic eg hatch rally car and a link to the owner

http://mattjohnstonrally.com/?page_id=20

Quick Reply: Which engine? eg hatch rally car