General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

everybody!!! go buy the newest issue of super street!!! its a civic feature issue!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 01:35 PM
Super Cereal Admin

^ mmm... purty The FR500 is definitely a sexy wheel design. Mine's just a little v6, but by the time it's done, it should be able to destroy most cars on the road (and down here there's more than one exotic (A few GTRs, a couple Murcielagos, and I've even seen a Ferrari F50 driving around) that I can test my build against. I'm aiming for 600 to the wheels on a built 4.2-stroked v6, built t56, twin turbos, and a termi's m112 blower. Complete overkill for my power goal, but I like overkill

Anyway, I don't hate magazines outright... I just hate the idea that they lie all the time, especially when it comes to testing parts. Yes, some headers actually do gain around 15whp on a D16 (*cough* Bisimoto *cough*). But unequal-lengths don't. And I love most magazines' stance on camber. Hell, the first issue of SS had a thing on using a camber kit to avoid tire wear. But countless people (myself included) have proved that you can run -3.0+ degrees of camber with no premature wear. If magazines would just tell the truth, I'd enjoy them a lot more... but the truth doesn't tend to sell as well (look at the news. Sensational stories sell, even if the facts are a little blurred).

*edit: MBrent, if you haven't seen my project thread already, check it out. It's not even close to the run-of-the-mill mustang build, but you might like. Of course, there's 66 pages of it, but reading through the first post should give you a good idea of what the build's all about. And I might have the first street-driven mustang to rock a true front splitter, full belly pan, and functional diffuser when it's done

Last edited by reaper2022; 09-11-2009 at 01:37 PM.