General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

EVERYONE READ! Future Forum Sponsors

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 04:43 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default EVERYONE READ! Future Forum Sponsors

Alright guys, this is an effort to try and get more forum vendors/sponsors. The more sponsors we get, the higher the possibility of having some great group buys, contests, etc..

So, heres what we need you to do. Fill this thread with the online shops that you regularly buy from. Once we've got a decent list going, the HCF staff will begin pursuing the companies in an effort to get them on-board as forum sponsors.

Also, feel free to post about your experiences with these shops. Having quick turn around time, helpful personell, and quick shipping are things we all look for in online vendors. So knowing how these places operate before placing orders always helps to ease the mind.

I'll start... Royal Blue Carnauba Wax (Made by Elite Products www.elite-products.com). These guys make one hell of a wax, and usually ship next day, for arrival within 3-5 business days. Although they are sometimes a PITA to get ahold of, they are usually very friendly. They also offer an "HCF Special," all you have to do is ask for it. Two bottles of RB for $28 shipped anywhere in the US.

^Thats what we're looking for. Aaaand GO!

Old 11-20-2008, 06:36 AM
HCF Member

Fj distributors http://www.fjdistributors.com/ they have awesome deals a great turn around time just bought some vitaras and gasket set for a friend from them and its a great deal got to my house quick. They have alot of products as well and should be getting even more in the future.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:51 AM
Recognized HCF Member

I generally use Majestic Honda (http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/) for OEM replacement parts and accessories. The prices are substantially discounted from those found at the local Honda dealership. I believe there are multiple similar online OEM Honda vendors (e.g., Bernardi -- http://www.bernardiparts.com/ and Honda Parts Unlimited -- http://www.hondapartsunlimited.com/schonda/jsp/home.jsp), though I personally haven't used them yet.

Ordering parts at Majestic is pretty straightforward, once you learn how to navigate the parts subsections. This was initially a little frustrating for me, but with time, you can locate items pretty quickly. If you get stumped, you can e-mail a representative who will assist you, though sometimes they don't respond as rapidly as you may want. The parts diagrams at the site are also helpful and nicely complement those found in Civic service manuals. To ensure that you order the correct replacement parts, it is best to enter your VIN, assuming that your car is stock.

With respect to shipping, they seem to ship pretty quickly, though on occasions there are items that they didn't have on hand, resulting in a delay. I always want to receive my purchased parts as rapidly as possible, but don't want to pay for expedited shipping charges. So, if you are like me, you need to have some patience to save money.

All in all, I like Majestic and use them regularly.

Finally, I strongly encourage all members to take the time to post their favorite vendors in this thread. An increase in vendor sponsorship is likely to have a huge impact on improving the HCF experience.

Last edited by RonJ; 11-20-2008 at 07:58 AM.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:18 AM
HCF Member

If I need to buy anything since I live In Canada I need to buy Canadian to save myself with not being hit with Dutys, and the exchange rate so I goto Imagein In Motion- IIM (http://www.imageinmotion.com/). They carry a HUGE list of items which makes me finding things alot easier. Ordering is straight forward like any site and if you email them for a question or a price they get back to you either the same day or the next day depending how late you email them. They only ship UPS though but it was pretty painless.

"We are North America's source for top end import performance parts. We offer racing performance parts from brands such as Skunk2, Tanabe, Greddy, Ksport, AEM, Supertech, Sportmax and over 25 other brands! You'll find great values here on Rota wheels, such as the Rota Slipstream, as well as Sportmax 002, 039 and 501 wheels, and Seibon quality carbon fiber hoods. We have Spec clutches and Takata harness racing products, and you'll find AEM performance products here too, such as the Cold Air Intake and AEM replacement filter specific for your application.

Not only do we sell performance parts online, but we also have a retail / warehouse location. With our vast selection of performance parts for the Canadian and US consumer, you won't have a hard time finding what you need
. "

Old 11-20-2008, 10:15 AM
HCF Member

yoparts.com Its like a wholesaler that you pay for by the month or whatever. I have only had perfect experience, easy to use, fast shipping. ITS great!

Old 11-20-2008, 03:21 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well i obviously buy alot from www.oznium.com
gotta love leds and such
id love to get some group buys from them.... he does hook me up from time to time on afew little things so i know phil is a GREAT GUY!!!!!!! ive been buying from him for the past 4years or so.... cannt remember exactly but ive never had any bad buisness with them! had one problem that was promptly resolved very fast!
please try yfor a hook up I LOVE MY LED FLEXSTRIPS and i need a bunch for future projects.LMFAO

Old 11-23-2008, 05:29 AM
Recognized HCF Member

It is clear that many HCF members are customers of nation-wide auto parts stores (e.g., AutoZone, NAPA, O'Reilly, etc.), so is there any chance that some of these national chains might be interested in sponsoring HCF?

Old 11-27-2008, 05:31 PM
HCF Member

Bump This.

Old 11-27-2008, 06:02 PM

www.ground-control.com

they sell top of the line suspension products at affordable prices. also sell other suspension products for many other makes/models. their own site prices are hard to beat, atleast from what i've searched. their very knowledgeable and sell products that can be trusted. good customer service, quick to reply to e-mails. shipping is on time and as expected.

www.kingmotorsports.com

they sell some of the best parts out on the market for Honda and Acuras and some at a good price. they have a vast array of parts to choose from, all top of the line. they have good customer service and quick to respond. i ordered a part from them a while back that they did not have in stock, they notified me quickly by phone and i took the part off my order. as soon as they got the part in stock, they e-mailed me notifing me the part was ready if i wanted to place an order. i find that to be great service.

www.energysuspensionparts.com

this is not the offical website for Energy Suspension parts, they are just a major vendor. they sell a ton of bushings for a lot of makes/models. Energy Suspension bushings are some of the best out there and at a very good price. i believe this site has some of the best prices for ES bushings. quick shipping as expected.

www.tirerack.com

the Tire Rack is an incredible site. they sell much more than just tires. the prices on their parts are usually the best and shipping fees are acceptible, not to mention very fast. i've bought many items from them and have never ever had any issue. i've talked to their customer service about parts and they were very knowledgeable. i personally know many racers that live off of their services.

pretty much the websites i live off of, for both of my cars. they have gained my trust and i always turn to them first over searching google for parts.

Old 11-27-2008, 06:06 PM

www.inlinefour.com (has lots of OEM USDM parts and JDM parts, lots of name brands, swap items, etc.)

www.lightningautocustoms.com (they have some really nice e-brake and shift boots, made customized to your preferences, even available in italian leather)

www.phearable.net

www.passwordjdm.com

www.handa-accessories.com (genuine honda accessories for good prices)

www.andysautosport.com

www.procivic.com (Some people claim their customer service sucks... I haven't had a problem. In fact, my old halo headlights came from them with some weird wiring and they spent like an hour looking for a diagram for me of how to install the wiring. By that time I had already figured it out, but they still tried their best to help me and for that I like buying from them. The headlights ended up being crap, but that's not their fault.)

Also, like RonJ mentioned, local chain stores would be great if possible... I shop at Advance Auto Parts all the time and they usually have what I need for reasonable prices and every now and then I stumble across a goodie I must have. (like my $2 small LED flashlight. the thing puts out as much light as a medium size incandescent flashlight but takes up 3 cubic inches of space in my glove box. haha)

Last edited by trustdestruction; 11-27-2008 at 06:14 PM.

Quick Reply: EVERYONE READ! Future Forum Sponsors