General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Expect to see another 5th gen around here soon.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 04:54 PM
Super Cereal Admin

haha, yeah. Pet fox. I was reading up on KY's laws, and there's nothing prohibiting private ownership of foxes, nor do you need an exotic animal handler's permit to own one. I figure yeah, I could get a cat or a dog. Or I could buy a godd*mned awesome-a** fennec fox. I'd get a red fox, but from what I've heard they have a musky smell. Fennec foxes are the ones most commonly used as pets, and don't have a musky smell. I figure set $20 from my aside each week, and in a year I'll have the money for a fox (awesome animals aren't cheap).

And I might wait until the mustang is done to start a civic project, but that would mean waiting at least another 2-3 years while good EGs get even older and rarer (let's face it... it's already hard to find an EG in good condition for a decent price). As for the bike, I'm going to wait until next year to see how much money I'm making on flat rate. If it's enough for a student loan, monthly rent payment, and a bike payment, I'll get one. If not, I guess I'll go without one for another year.

As it is, I trimmed almost $4k off the mustang project, so hopefully that means I can keep it somewhat on schedule (to have it finished by the end of 2011).

Old 09-12-2009, 05:08 PM
HCF Member

a fox would be tight
my EG was almost pristine and completely stock (93 cx w/ 98k mi) and i got it for $3k
only bad thing was the roof was painted flat black

edit: you could totally pick up chicks with a pet fox

Old 09-12-2009, 05:17 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Originally Posted by hamorhead
edit: you could totally pick up chicks with a pet fox. Or you could totally feed it live animals and watch for teh lulz
fixed. Foxes look like cats mixed with dogs, behave like dogs (tamed wild dogs, anyway), and love killing mice and eating live fish. And I actually hadn't thought about the female aspect of it. As it is, just owning a mustang serves as an attention-getter for the ladies

Old 09-12-2009, 05:26 PM
HCF Member

yea feeding it animals seems tight
but my 18 year old rex doesnt help me with the ladies
but i imagine once its boosted if i can get them in the car then show them how quick it is that might help

btw how come non car people think ricey cars are so awesome?
my friends think the fast and the furious cars are so cool and my car looks lame wtf?

Old 09-12-2009, 05:38 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Because non-car people have no taste. I've come to the conclusion that enjoying clean cars is an acquired taste; ever notice that when people first get into cars, they rice them out? Then after being in the scene for a while, they start going back to the basics with clean cars? Like I said, acquired taste.

And if you want the ladies and don't have $100k+ to spend on an exotic, get a mustang or a sportbike

At this point, I'm going to use the best quote I've ever seen on a mustang forum (obviously the guy that said it was joking, but still... chicks love mustangs):

"Want ***** on the reg? Buy a mustang. Bi-sexual? Buy two."

*ninja: and from my experience, females also f*cking LOVE slammed cars. The only downside is it's because they think it looks "cute". I had at least five girls tell me this about my ej1 before I sold it lol

*edit (I'm good, but not two ninjas on a single post good): Slight downside to mustang ownership. I've had girls tell me my mustang is cute, too. How a red and black mustang that straight-up looks like it'll rape your face looks cute, I don't know. But apparently it does.

Last edited by reaper2022; 09-12-2009 at 05:40 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:16 PM
HCF Member

i never riced up my first car (my EG)
the exhaust (still had cat) was a lil ricey but that was it

and oh yea apparently crx's are cute too
i believe anything little or short=cute to some chicks

Old 09-12-2009, 06:19 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Originally Posted by hamorhead
i believe anything little or short=cute to some chicks
... so you've had girls refer to your man-parts as "cute"?

Sorry, you left yourself wide-open and I couldn't resist

Old 09-12-2009, 07:41 PM
Banned

Lol. Good one.

Everything to a girl is cute. Cute is like, little rabbits or puppies.

Old 09-13-2009, 05:18 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by reaper2022
... so you've had girls refer to your man-parts as "cute"?

Sorry, you left yourself wide-open and I couldn't resist
its all good i drive a little car because i don't have to compensate for anything
unlike those guys in their gigantic trucks (not the practical off road ones) like the ones that can park and open their doors above my roof
like wtf why do you need a truck that big