General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Ez lubes

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 02:14 PM
HCF Member
Default Ez lubes

If anyone doesnt know what ez lube is its a place where you can go to get oil change, radiator flush, brakes, etc so anyways, to my story i got lazy and did not want to change my oil my self so i went to ezlube brought all my oil and fliter with me so i said change it and they changed it for like $29.00 and my car has active hood pins what do i mean by active? means they accualy do something they are not fake, so they changed my oil i waited in the lobby and they said my car was all ready so i was like cool didnt think of anything jumped in it went to my gfs house for a couple horus her mom called and we went to her moms house and we got their picked up; her mom and i jumped on freeway, i got to about 70 mph and then my hood flew up in my face broke windshield and i hit brakes down shifted and e-braked, while looking under the hood to see REMOTEly, while gf and her mom are screaming and im screaming shut the **** up! and we almost hit a big rig doing about 65 mph witch could have turned out to be death for my car sense it doesnt have air bags, 93 civic dx coupe turns out the guys didnt put the hood pins back on by time i got back to my gfs moms house her dad came out and said wtf? is ****ing happening, i told him and he said oh great, so the following morning i went to ezlube and then talked to the manager he said that its not their fault, witch i know alot about cars im just going to play it off like im stupid, i walked in their and calmly asked them if they had seen my hood pins they said oh let me look they handed my 1 hood pin said they could not find the other i took my brother with me so he whitnessed them handing me 1 hood pin, and i talked to manager he said its not his fault hed never seen thoes kinda hood clips before, and that it was custom and he assumed no responsiblity but the time when i was there the techs and **** where having a great time laughing ****ing around, and i was like okay maybe its okay to have fun at work and then work at the same time, so im sueing the **** out of ezlube for straight up neglegence, i would have been so pissed if i wrecked my car after putting brand new clutch in it, so my windshield is busted and my domelight wont turn on witch my alarm is hooked up too so my alarm is acting funny and my hood is straight ****ed up. i HAVE THE MONEY TO FIX IT BUT ITS THE PRINCEIPAL! [sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=icon_flaming.gif]

P.S sorry if this hurt anyones eyes![sm=icon_flaming.gif]

Pics: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73...0205081503.jpg

Old 02-05-2008, 02:47 PM
Default RE: Ez lubes

That really sucks...Im glad youre okay thats the main thing, but its too bad about the damage to the car...

Id lawyer up for sure and see what happens...and be sure towrite some complaint letters to your local newspapers and the oil changer head office...but see the lawyer first.

Same type of thing happend to me with theidiots at MrLube...they didnt align something properly when screwing something back on, so after I get home I see all this oil on my driveway - it all leaked out...good thing for me the car was parked and I caught it in time...

Thats why as soon as summer comes around I have to learn to change my own oil...I dont trust the highschool dropouts who work at those places to do anything proper...

Old 02-05-2008, 02:54 PM
HCF Member

[sm=sigh.gif]

Old 02-05-2008, 05:18 PM
HCF Member

I think they would win because they do not deal with modified stuff, so it was their resposibiliy to let you know they didnt know about that hood, but it wasnt their fault because it is modified

Old 02-05-2008, 05:19 PM

You might want to consider this...ask to speak directly, face-to-face with the District Manager. Inform him as to what happened, including the proof that they forgot to reinstall the pins...and provide him with one opportunity to completely and fully reimburse you for all damages. Indicate that if he doesn't, you're going to "lawyer up" and take him to court, and will be sueing for more than just the damages incurred. At least that way, you have one shot at reimbursement before having to lay out money for an attorney.

Old 02-05-2008, 05:44 PM
HCF Member

yeah i was going to do that but if they do not deal in moded stuff anyways their should be a sign posted that they do not deal with moded hoods, i mean come ****ing if you change oil like 60 times a day, you know if you take something off you have to put it back thats like taking a oil filter off and not screwing it back on and letting me drive home and then blow up my motor, and them saying their not responsible the manager was extremely rude!

Old 02-05-2008, 05:47 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Cyphen

yeah i was going to do that but if they do not deal in moded stuff anyways their should be a sign posted that they do not deal with moded hoods, i mean come ****ing if you change oil like 60 times a day, you know if you take something off you have to put it back thats like taking a oil filter off and not screwing it back on and letting me drive home and then blow up my motor, and them saying their not responsible the manager was extremely rude!
Actually they always do mess up and forget stuff, thats why i dont take my car with them

Old 02-05-2008, 08:03 PM
HCF Member

Yeah i called the corprate attourney for them and asked them if they would pay for the damages done to my car and i left message withe the customer service manager in corprate office, so im hoping for a answer tomorrow or ima go to the court house and file on their asses.

Old 02-07-2008, 12:34 PM
HCF Member

so everything turned out for better i have tow truck comin in 10 minutes to pick up my car and take it to body shop they didnt want to go to court or go through their insurance so, im having my car repaired and their paying for rental car, going to try and rent a dodge charger lol

Old 02-07-2008, 07:45 PM

Good for you man, Im glad it worked out...

Quick Reply: Ez lubes