General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

F*cking puddle

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by 94civichatchback
#1 rule

if you are stupid enough to install a cai get a bypass valve also
I disagree. I wouldn't call someone stupid to install a CAI. I would call someone stupid to drive through a "lake" knowing they have a CAI and the risks of having it.

And it would be pointless to use a bypass valve. A CAI with a bypass valve only gives you around the same gains as a SRI.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:41 PM
Chubby Chaser

but its better to be safe than sorry you cant control the weather and like where i live it rains hard sometimes and the main street floods.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:31 AM
HCF Member

I think this person just gave up on coming back because both 94Hatch and trustdestruction are arguing over calling him a total idiot LMAO!

Old 08-03-2009, 09:34 AM
HCF Member

Yea, not too pretty here.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:36 AM
Default Alternator Question

opps nvm

Old 08-07-2009, 03:11 PM
HCF Member

I personally like cai over sri, they make more power and dont suck in hot air from the engine. If you live in an area with heavy rain spend the extra $ on on an AEM bypass for your cold air. I live in Arizona and we dont get much rain plus I have nerver seen a puddle deep enough to hydrolock my motor. If I was ever in dout I would go around or wait for the puddle to dry up some. Better to wait than blow your motor. Secondly if you do hydrolock it doesnt always mean you killed the motor. He most likely fill 1 or more cylinders with water and this stops the motor from cracking. You can not compress water and fuel can not burn in the presents of water. Remove all your spark plugs and crank the motor. The water will come out the spark plugs holes, put it alll back together and try to start the motor. Most likely it will start up, so long as you didnt damage anything ie bend a rod.

Old 08-07-2009, 05:59 PM
Recognized HCF Member

LOL i had a CAI it looked cooler than the stock intake on my old 99ex. BUT i was never stupid enough to drive thru a deep puddle... and if i wasnt sure how deep it is i would open the door and look while creeping thru and if it gets to close to the door... pop it in reverse and find another way!

my friend at work her daughter just drove thru a flooded road afew days ago... still not running yet. she just got it towed to her house today. tomorrow ill probably go over and check it out to see if i can help her out or not. im hoping its just the coil got fried. her boy friend is a idiot when it comes to cars and been looking at it for 4-5days now.LOL im no genius but i know what a motor basically needs to start and at least try to run.... hoping i can help her out and im sure she hopes i can help her out also.LOL

just remember dont ever drive a car thru water that can hit afew inches above you rocker panels bottom... and if it can get over your rockers and into your car on the carpet you should GET OUT FAST BACKWARDS!!!!!! not forwards!!!!!!! newer cars have so much electronics there is to much that can go bad!

hell when i started driving i had a 66impala and i put that thing thru hell going full speed thru HUGE lakes when it flooded and i turned around and did it afew more times just for kicks to mess with other people driving the other way thru it.LOL only problem i ever had was when the motor start to miss alittle bit that just ment some water got into the distributor and i should stop playing around and go home.
not anymore with all these fancy electronic pieces all over the car!