General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Fit Ranked Better Than Civic

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 10:27 PM
Default RE: Fit Ranked Better Than Civic

ORIGINAL: Eclipse 2K

That's pretty odd that they would put the fuel tank there. I doubt it'll matter one way or another unless you're one unlucky person. LOL.

Personally, I'd get the Civic. I bought an '08 EX Coupe myself and it's an amazing car. However, I've test driven a fit for the hell of it and it was nice too. I just prefer the look of the Civic over that of the Fit.
yea, i know... i was just exaggerating. and yea ifsomeone's that unlucky i'd be suprised they lived to be old enough to drive.

Old 01-27-2008, 01:15 AM
HCF Member

Some "team of experts" probably determined that the fueltank was safer there in most collisions. They did a similar thing at Jeep, in switching from the TJ to the JK.

While I think the HB and 5dr are kinda goofy-lokin', I like the Fit sedan. Around here, parking is at a premium. Spots are tight. The smaller cars rule for parking, and the Civic is now bigger than it's ever been. The Fit is almost the same exterior size as my '00 Civic sedan. My D16Y7 is also rated for a similar 107HP. It moves just fine at any legal speed, even with an auto tranny and a full trunk.

I haven't driven the new Fit OR the new Civic, but I'd bet the ride is a little better in the larger car. I didn't buy my Civic for a luxurious ride, or for pavement-tickling HP. I bought it so I could commute reliably for half the cost of driving my lifted Wrangler, while still being able to park in the tiny spots the Wrangler fits in. There are also the added bonuses of sporty-type handling, easy-to-find parts, and liking the aesthetics, but I could do without those and not really miss anything too badly.

In short, the Fit sedan seems fine to me, for an entry-level econo-car. The Civic has now been bumped into a larger and more expensive class. I'm glad Honda came out with another car for people who don't want or need a fancier or bigger car for commuting. It seats 5 and has a trunk that can fit 2 big suitcases, while reliably getting better mileage than most other gassers, for a pretty low price in today's economy...good enough for me.

Old 01-27-2008, 05:00 AM
HCF Member

Taking peoples word for car reviews is like taking a critics word for movie reviews... you can never trust them and have to see it for yourself. Just go and test drive both, which ever you like more thats the one to buy

Old 01-27-2008, 09:52 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: K.C.

A Fit can be pretty cool with a few mods:Mugen Fit

Looks like a big ol' bowl of Uncle Ben's Pilaf to me (or a wanna-be Mazda 3 Hatch).

But then again - I think the Element and Ridgeline are f00kin' ugly as well.

And FYI - ******-Overland had the gas tanks right under the driver's seat in their Jeep CJ-5s until the late '60s. Ford, Chevy, Dodge, and International Harvester used to have their tanks in the cab right behind the seat until the early '70s as well. It's not a new thing.

Old 01-27-2008, 10:15 AM
Stinky Administrator

ORIGINAL: Fiirkan

Taking peoples word for car reviews is like taking a critics word for movie reviews... you can never trust them and have to see it for yourself. Just go and test drive both, which ever you like more thats the one to buy
thats true, ive had 2 fit sports last year and the first one got crappy gas mileage and back fired though the throttle body the dealer changed ecu's and did a few things to it and couldn't fix it. the second one i had the paint started peeling off the rear bumper and was thin on the roof so i got a 2007 civic lx sedan and after a couple months no issues yet and i like it better than the fit more room and power and about the same gas mileage

Old 01-27-2008, 10:24 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Peg_Leg

ORIGINAL: Fiirkan

thats true, ive had 2 fit sports last year and the first one got crappy gas mileage and back fired though the throttle body the dealer changed ecu's and did a few things to it and couldn't fix it. the second one i had the paint started peeling off the rear bumper and was thin on the roof so i got a 2007 civic lx sedan and after a couple months no issues yet and i like it better than the fit more room and power and about the same gas mileage
I'm surprised you haven't found anything with the car yet, how many times have you gone over it with a fine tooth comb to try and find something to complain about