General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

foggy windows + sunlight = i can't see where I'm going

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 12:43 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: foggy windows + sunlight = i can't see where I'm going

When you turn the ac on, put it at its coldest setting and the fog should go away very fast.

Old 09-17-2007, 11:13 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: foggy windows + sunlight = i can't see where I'm going

ORIGINAL: burgernuds

lately its getting a bit colder in the morning and my front window is fogged up. I just happen to drive directly into the sun for about a block then when iturn into the freeway my back is facing the sun so the problem is gone. but i cant see the road at all during this time and i have to stick my head out like a dog. how do i get rid of this?
Even my Jeep fogs up overnight with the doors off.

I assume you already use decent sunglasses and the visors.

As far as glare and fogging goes...Itdoes help to keep the windows really clean. Once you clean them, apply Rain-X Anti-Fog. The stuff really does do wonders. I think they even make wipes. You can keep some in the console...or just a clean cloth. You may even just want to keep some paper towels and a little windex in your car.The Rain-X anti-fog and rain-shedder work best if you clean the glass REALLY well before application. My old Jeep didn't even have a workingdefroster or wipers for one winter, and it still did fine here in Chicago with those two applied.

Start the car and turn on the AC, recirc,and front/rear defrosters.Set the temp-control **** to a comfortable level for you. The AC and recirc will dry out the air, the temp will warm up the car for YOUR comfort, and the front defroster will direct the air where it needs to go. If you're really in a hurry, wipe the windshield with the cloth/wipeas you're buckling up. If your area gets as icy as here though, your best bet is to get a remote starter installed.