We're adding and testing new features:  Create your Garage, used it? Give us some feedback here.
Honda Civic Forum Home - Honda Civic Classifieds - Civic Photo Galleries - Create an Account

Go Back   HondaCivicForum.com > General Automotive > General Civic Talk
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the HondaCivicForum.com.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 06:27 PM

Question Front License Plate Bracket

I recently moved to a state that requires a front license plate, but my 2004 4-door DX Civic has no holes in the front bumper and I have no way to mount the license plate.

Can anyone direct me to a place online to order the bracket and hardware? My local dealership wants around $50.00 for it, which seems ridiculous. I've done research online, but I can't quite tell if what I'm looking at is the exact part(s) that I need.

I would like one that looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/J7MA0iQ.jpg - one that looks like a stock part with the black plastic around the sides.

Also, will I be able to mount the plate once I receive the parts? Or will I need to do some drilling in my bumper? Thanks for any assistance.

Last edited by chaus; 01-27-2013 at 06:31 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:22 PM
HCF Member
1989 Honda Civic

That's funny, I can't find one without a license plate in Google images.

So there is 2 options. The factory location, or the JDM relocation kit. There's kits on eBay. like so
JDM LICENSE PLATE RELOCATOR KIT UNIVERSAL FOR FRONT LEFT / RIGHT SIDE PURPLE | eBay

not for a civic, but it will give you an idea.
How to: Install Password JDM Front License Plate Relocator - evolutionm.net

Here's the kit they talk about in that DIY
Password:JDM License Plate Re-Locator V.2 | Password JDM

Here's one on Amazon
JDM License Plate Relocator : Amazon.com : Automotive

heck, you could buy some sheet metal and make one for super cheap. I personally like the look of it being off to the side, looks a lot cleaner, and you won't have visible drill holes if you ever remove it.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:11 PM

you can try the hide away license plate bracket by 007licenseplate.com you could hide or show the front plate whenever you feel like it
Old 03-01-2013, 12:11 PM

Tags
2004, 2007, 2010, 2013, bracket, bumper, civic, front, holder, honda, license, license plate, mount, number, plate