We're adding and testing new features:  Create your Garage, used it? Give us some feedback here.
Honda Civic Forum Home - Honda Civic Classifieds - Civic Photo Galleries - Create an Account

Go Back   HondaCivicForum.com > General Automotive > General Civic Talk
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the HondaCivicForum.com.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-03-2007, 04:24 PM

Default fuel system cleaner

hey, anyone have an opinion on what is the best working fuel system cleaner to use on a civic with over 100K? Or are they all pretty much the same? Thanks
Old 06-03-2007, 04:37 PM
HCF Member

Default RE: fuel system cleaner

Sea Foam! It totally helped my car
B18C1, DC Header, AEM Intake, Fake Evo II, Fat 5's, Teggy interior, 4 wheel disk brake, Stage 2 clutch, lightened fly, Spoon mirrors, Skunk2 intake mani., Skunk2 springs, No A/C/Power steeering, Hollowed Cat, Hatchs FTW!!!
Old 06-03-2007, 05:28 PM
HCF Member

iuse lucas all in one formula for like 4 bucks.but don't waist you money on cheap ****! pay the extra couple bucks and get quality.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:01 PM

I put a full bottle of Seafoam into my tank right after I filled up. I've read on the bottle and heard here that that's the standard procedure and to let the gas run decently low to almost empty to get the most out of the Seafoam....

BUT...my brain works differently I guess and it seems to me that it would work more effectively if the Seafoam was more concentrated in the gas. Like I feel that I should have put the whole bottle in the gas tankwhenit was about half full or even less. Please, somebody, anybody tell me if I am wrong and please tell me why.

Also...I jacked up my oldAltima by givin it a full seafoam treatment. Mechanic said it hydrolocked when I put it into the intake and it bent a rod. I put about 1/3rd bottle into a cup and let the brake booster line suck it fairly quick. Did it do this because I let it suck it all in really quick? Should I have let it suck up a little at a time then give it more air then a little more and so on? I really don't wanna mess up my Civic but I really wanna give it a nice Seafoam treatment as it isn't running so hot right now. HELP.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:02 AM
HCF Member

Anything over $5 for a bottle [8D]. I like techron chevron personally.

In reply to t0wards: you need the right balance of cleaner and gas or your car will have a rough time running, or possibly put extra strain on components and break. They have the right dosage recommended to use, believe me they want you to go through a bottle as fast as you can and buy another thats how they make money, if anything it's a little more than needed for an aplication.

You prolly added too much too quickly to your altima. Maybe you also reved the engine to get it in quicker? Also I dunno if the brake booster line is the best place, either the vac line or the fuel pressure regulatorline works.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:04 AM

I kept the engine at a steady 1500 RPMS to suck it in, I know I probably did it too fast. The brake booster line was what all the Altima forums I've been too said would be the easiest. I'm not too worried about that because I hated that car anyway, haha.

I understand about the mixture and stuff, I guess. I need to keep telling myself not to overdo it trying to make my car better because it will inevitably make it worse.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:09 AM

is their a need to change my oil after i use a product like that?
Old 06-04-2007, 11:22 AM

If you put it in the crankcase, you should change your oil within 100-200 miles after using it.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:21 PM
HCF Member

if ur gunna go crankcase, use seafoam about 100 miles or less before ur next oil change, then change the oil, it would be most practical. I was kinda scared to use seafoam at first, but after i finally used it , i use it all the time

www.myspace.com/phan10m
Old 06-04-2007, 08:25 PM
HCF Member

I used to use engine cleaners and fuel cleaners, and my butt dyno told me they worked great.........but a mechanic told me that they do work but usually hurt something else (like a catalytic converter)

I was wondering if the forum had a special section for real engines???

roto: F u.... the drama thread sucks donkey hoofs....let's all be gay in this thread.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:25 PM

Tags
03, 06, 2007, chevron, civic, cleaner, cleaning, fuel, honda, hondas, required, scared, seafoam, system, techron, treatment