General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

future of a avg.Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 10:09 AM
HCF Member
Default future of a avg.Tuner

whats up everyone, i wana first start by saying im sorry if im repeating a prev, post but i had a question that maybe some of you guys could share your opinion on,

Well for starters i have an avg job from 8 to 5pm.

i been concern about something,the more u improve ur car's performance the more gas it consumes, i was just wondering...

With the way the economy is going (gas prices), what will the future be for the average joe tuner? that has to work hard to get money,and enjoys there hobby

Do Performence parts really drain that much gas??

what do you guys think on this matter...

Old 07-14-2008, 10:14 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: future of a avg.Tuner

ORIGINAL: madjoker14

whats up everyone, i wana first start by saying im sorry if im repeating a prev, post but i had a question that maybe some of you guys could share your opinion on,

Well for starters i have an avg job from 8 to 5pm.

i been concern about something,the more u improve ur car's performance the more gas it consumes, i was just wondering...

With the way the economy is going (gas prices), what will the future be for the average joe tuner? that has to work hard to get money,and enjoys there hobby

Do Performence parts really drain that much gas??

what do you guys think on this matter...
incorrect many of the mods we do actually increase gas millage such as intake/exhaust/header.

Old 07-14-2008, 10:23 AM
HCF Member

What about turbo's and upgraded fuel pumps. does that still increase milage or decrease milage at that point ?(of installing a turbo)

Old 07-14-2008, 11:06 AM
HCF Member

At the point of installing a turbo your not really worried focused on gas your focused on fast.Hah because your going to have to use supreme gas. Also a 4 banger turbo will probably still get more mpg than a v8 charger or something of that sort so it really depends on what you want. If you want more mpg do things that will increase it other wise you may have to sacrafice gas milage. Lastly if your doing all these mods you are more likely to push the gas pedal harder than you would with a stock car so you may notice less mpg.

Old 07-14-2008, 02:51 PM

with a turbo, if you stay out of boost you're not going to be using that much more gas

Old 07-14-2008, 11:01 PM
HCF Member

If you're smarter than average...Make more money. Then learn how to make even more money. In the meantime, learn how to make your money make money. Then learn how to make it make more money. Buy your own place with a garage and tools. Carry good insurance and alarm systems. Then build fast toys to your heart's content.

Don't worry about gas. You'll be building electric racers in a decade or two...or three. Put solar panels and a windmill on your house.

Average JoeTuner is gonna be lower or middle class for the rest of his life. He doesn't make much more money than he needs just to cover his cost of living. He drinks and/or smokes, doesn't perpetually educate himself, doesn't live well below his means, and basically buys more liabilities than assets. Inflation is going to tear his paycheck to shreds over the years.

Old 07-15-2008, 01:25 PM
HCF Member

wow thats kinda mean to say

Old 07-15-2008, 03:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Kommando

If you're smarter than average...Make more money. Then learn how to make even more money. In the meantime, learn how to make your money make money. Then learn how to make it make more money. Buy your own place with a garage and tools. Carry good insurance and alarm systems. Then build fast toys to your heart's content.

Don't worry about gas. You'll be building electric racers in a decade or two...or three. Put solar panels and a windmill on your house.

Average JoeTuner is gonna be lower or middle class for the rest of his life. He doesn't make much more money than he needs just to cover his cost of living. He drinks and/or smokes, doesn't perpetually educate himself, doesn't live well below his means, and basically buys more liabilities than assets. Inflation is going to tear his paycheck to shreds over the years.
Hes got a point.

Old 07-15-2008, 03:47 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: 95civic1.6l

wow thats kinda mean to say
But accurate.

Old 07-15-2008, 05:33 PM
HCF Member

I dont know but thats pretty deep, i dont wana be that type of tunner lol

Quick Reply: future of a avg.Tuner