General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Genral Improvement?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 02:44 PM
Default Genral Improvement?

Just wondering what are some basic exterior mods i can do to my 98 2dr? Not including bodykits i have about $350 to spend so what do u recomend

Old 03-08-2008, 04:39 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Genral Improvement?

Do what you think looks nice. Look around on this site, many of us have done things to our civics, maybe you will find something that you like and want to do to your car

Old 03-08-2008, 05:12 PM
Recognized HCF Member

basic mods for exterior... id say front and rear lip kit to your style..... a simple stainless steel muffler tip just for alittle cleaner rear end. a nice double wall tip should last pretty long.
um maybe a new front grill. to your style of course....

maybe some painting.... painted side skirts, painted side trim to match your cars paint of course!
maybe some 99-00 taillights with the red and clear OEM style.

at least thats what i would target....

Old 03-08-2008, 07:02 PM

Yeah ive been looking around the site and some very nice civics!! Also addiction2bass whats the best place to get the grill inserts ive looked around and cant find a single one. As far as painting goes i want to keep it red and was thinking of some graphics maybe? I really dont know cause in my area people have civics that look crappy but to them its the best car in the world. So would graphics go over well. The reason im asking is because my 90 crx is black with black wheels so really theres no color there

Old 03-09-2008, 10:33 AM

graphics are tacky

Old 03-09-2008, 11:16 AM
Recognized HCF Member

whell when it comes to grills im not sure about the 98civics. my black civic is a 99 so i bought a OEM SI grill. fitment is perfect and it looks great! but also typicaly costs 75-100bucks on ebay depending how many people bidding on it.... or you can buy brand new for about 175bucks.

im not a fan of to many graphics myself...

tho i am a sucker for ghost flames and tribal flames if in moderation that is... tho just GHOST flames.... its like a pearl in the clear coat in the design that is only visable when the sunlight hits it just right... that i love! makes people look twice at ya!

Old 03-09-2008, 07:25 PM

Yeah the graphics are out i had a friend photoshop some on my car a looked crazy! I mean my civic is stock not tint on the windows only the factory pin stripe down each side. For a while ive been focused on the motor but now the outside is my #1 so first window tint and a new color for the car.

Old 03-09-2008, 07:28 PM
HCF Member

lip kit (front and rear), tint (keep it legal), maybe some interior lighting but that pushes ricey, and not much more for appearance, idk. Then i'd go suspension strut bars, maybe sway bars, lowering springs/aftermarkte struts, or coilovers, then some nice wheels. I'd actaully put suspension first, then wheels, and then appearance if i had a new civic to work with.

Old 03-10-2008, 05:30 AM

Yeah i bought the car from my aunt its a 2 owner both over 40yr so not drivin hard at all it has 138k on it and i paid 2300 for it so i guess i got a deal? But yeah ill get some pics up cause i got a ? about the front tire driver side.

Old 03-10-2008, 11:30 AM
Recognized HCF Member

you say change the color of the car....

i highly advice against that...... unless you want to pay some BIG BUCKS for a full color change paint job! otherwise you will regret it and it will look like crap!!!!!!

previous owner painted my 94civic blue, and its suposed to be green. and well its a horible paint job! the engine bay is all green, the door pillars/posts are green, trunk lid is green... AND IT LOOKS LIKE CRAP!!!!!!!!

just look at this picture of my 94civic...

SO PLEASE........... think really hard before deciding to change the cars paint color!!!!!!!!
i think MOST people would agree with me that it looks like CRAP!!!!!!!!
and removing everything to do a full color change is ALOT of work as well as alot of cash if ya pay to have it done! i sugest if you really really want to change the color..... try a 2 tone scheme out to keep your stock color on half the car so it doesnt look so stupid in the door jams and under the hood!
looks like ill be doing ALOT of sanding to get my 94civic back to stock color i hate the 2 colors! i like the blue BUT it was a cheap @ss paint job.

Quick Reply: Genral Improvement?