General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Getting a Civic for my wife

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 09:47 AM
Default Getting a Civic for my wife

Hello Civic-ers

I've recently came into the market for a second vehicle and after owning my TSX for a couple years, thought I'd keep the second car in the Honda family and we're in the market for a second car.

As I know next to nothing about Civics, I thought I'd come to you experts (owners) who have come to know all there is to know about Civics.

Background:

My wife and I have been looking at anything from Fits, CR-Vs to Civics and haven't really decided on a specific model, but because the Civics are now being offered 2.9% financing by Honda Financing, it certainly was a factor in paying the Civic a closer look.

My first impression when we were at a car lot was - WTF was Honda thinking in putting all those stripes on the 2009s?! UGGGLY!

And why the hell won't HONDA design the same back-end on the 4-doors as they have done to the 2-doors??? We love the back-side of the 2-doors better, but we need a 4 door as we may be having kids in the future and 2 doors are a freakin' inconvenient truth.

I don't like the fact that a friend (my pre-married days as I just got married a couple of months ago) who had the Civic pre 2003 and the style still hasn't changed for the 4-door since then for the 2009! I wouldn't call the back-side ugly, but it would definitely get me interested more if it had the same back-end styling as the 2-door.

Aside from the styling (back-end), I'd like hear from any 2009 owners (ie. those who have owned it for about a year now) and see what are the likes and dislikes thus far??

I would like to do my due diligence research as I had done for my TSX before plunging hard earned cash down on a depreciating asset.

Thanks all!