General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Good mechanic in NJ?? - Pics added

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 06:18 AM
Default Good mechanic in NJ?? - Pics added

I'm new here and didn't know which forum area to post my question. My son's 98 Civic EX requires some minor maintenance. Since he no longer wants the car and he is in the military, I want to get the car to a good mechanic so that a few things can be taken care of prior to me selling the car. I live in the Burlington, NJ area and I'm requesting some help in locating a good and fair auto repair shop. Does anyone know of a good maintenance shop in the Burlington, NJ area? Moderator, if this is the wrong forum area to post my question, please move it to the correct forum. Thanks!!

Here are a few photos of his car....

Old 10-03-2007, 06:35 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Good mechanic in NJ?? - Pics added

I'll check around for you, I also live in burlington, lol. But I get all my work done ethier by myself or by freinds of mine so not to sure. I'm just gonna say don't goto eastampton auto center on 38 in lumberton, they will try to tell you, you need new this and new that when you don't. but yea ill ask around for ya

Old 10-03-2007, 07:09 AM

Thanks Dave. No doubt that there are some auto repair shops to stay away from. Since my auto repair knowledge is basic at best, I'd rather take my cars to a repair shop that has knowledgeable mechanics that are not looking to cost customers more than is necessary. Please keep me posted!!

Old 10-03-2007, 07:23 AM
HCF Member

The car is really nice looking and if the things that need to be done are not major you may be able to sell just the way it is here.

Alot of people here do there own work and if its something they can do they will have no isses taking the car as she sits.

Old 10-03-2007, 07:24 AM
HCF Member

- yo[8D], Willingboro SHS grad here(1981), good luck with finding that mechanic, have you thought about posting a 4 sale thread here on the forum(classified), divulge the repairs needed and sell the car as is???
- man I sure miss hoagies and cheesesteaks and diners

Old 10-03-2007, 07:40 AM

Yes, I have thought about selling the car as is. But there is a check engine light that remains illuminated that I wanted to get repaired. Also, the car hasn't been driven about 9 months and I don't want to take the chance of someone taking it for a test drive and have something on the car break or get severely damaged.

Old 10-03-2007, 07:45 AM
HCF Member

Your a good seller man, im sure if you do get this stuff fixed and post up here someone will want to buy your car. Man if i had some extra money i would make you an offer lol.

Karma is good and you seem to be a straight shooter, im sure youll find a good Mech and get things worked out.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:04 AM

BX_Civic, being honest is always good. You don't get caught up in some nonsense due to being less than forthright. Especially, when it comes to selling something that is a couple of thousand dollars in value, as well as being mechanical. I'd really hate for someone to spend their hard earned cash to purchase my car, just to have it break down with some serious mechanical issue that I was well aware of prior to selling it.

Old 10-05-2007, 06:04 AM

Bump - for anymore leads to good mechanics in the Burlington, NJ area.