General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

The good ol b16 vs b18

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 01:53 PM
Snail'n Admin

Originally Posted by sgt.houser
but if you can help me out on purchasing the swap or letting me know where to get it too or however we go about it, that would be nice as well, just let me know and thanks again, im still stuck on what i want, i know dam well the b18 will bust the **** out the b16, but something tell me you can throw basic bolt on to the b16 and out preform your factory b18. but ill be researching like always, and ls/vtech is out the question, i guess it all boils down to a goal, and for me my goal is to be sitting somewhere near 400 hp. maybe not all to the wheels, but im sick of getting tore up by mini vans if you know what im saying hahahahahah
No way. Not on just bolt ons. Bolt ons and a tune then maybe. It's really no big deal for an NA b18c1 to get 220whp but its next to impossible to get the b16 to break 200whp NA. If I was doing a b swap, id throw a built LS in it with a set of cams and boost it. vtec means jack sh*t at full boost until you get into really high hp builds. 400hp? swapping a vtec motor in when you get get a b18b_ for less and still reach your power goals...no brainer. Youll get your 400hp easy. and an LS swap is cheap too

Old 12-25-2009, 02:05 PM
HCF Member

Check out http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/. They have some damn good deals.
And before someone starts bashing you, its Vtec, not VtecH. =P