General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Got backed into

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 04:01 PM
HCF Member
Default Got backed into

So I was at my girlfriends house and her asswipe of a neighbor somehow backed into the civic while it was *parked in her effing driveway*...yeah it was parked in a driveway and this guy backs into it with a pickup truck. The damage isn't major, but it's enough to really keep me in a bad mood for a week and because this is the third time in 3 years i've had to have bodywork done because someone hit my car. He was so insistant on paying cash the damage, probably because his insurance will drop his coverage because he probably has a really bad driving record. So since he was insisting on using cash only, I filed a police report saying that he has agreed to pay me for the damage. He did this verbally to me and the deputy. Was this the right move on my part? Anyways, I'l try to upload the pics.

Attached Thumbnails Got backed into-damage.jpg   Got backed into-damage-2.jpg   Got backed into-damage-3.jpg  
Old 04-17-2010, 06:45 PM
HCF Member

Sad.
You have to get a new taillight lens. You may be able to pop the dent out, or get DentWizard or one of the paintless dent shops to pop the dent out.
On the bumper, is that scratched? I have had a number of dings that turned out to be not scratches, but just marks that can buff out.
Good luck.
dc

Old 04-17-2010, 09:20 PM

You should have made his insurance pay. If his insurance drops him and he can't find new coverage, then if he has any dignity he'll be screwed and there will be one less sh!tty driver on the road. If he doesn't have any dignity, he'll continue to drive uninsured and hopefully get caught. But instead, this guy will definitely still be on the road. It was nice of you (towards him) to agree to this, but it wasn't very fair to the rest of the drivers on the road.

Do you really want someone on the road who managed to cause that seemingly impossible accident?

Old 04-17-2010, 10:55 PM
HCF Member

how much did he give u for the damage?

Old 04-18-2010, 09:26 AM
HCF Member

Yeah man i have to agree with trust. There's already enough bad drivers out there. might as well start taking some out. I would be pissed if that happened to me on a parking lot and he just took off. specially if i wasnt there 2 see who it was..

Hopefully he'll pay for the damage, since you said he said this verbally.
good thing you know where he lives.. haha

Old 04-18-2010, 12:24 PM
HCF Member

Well I agree it's not fair to other drivers who (will) have to deal with this guy, but I was just so pissed at the time I didn't care how the guy pays as long as my car is fixed. The cop told me if he doesn't feel like paying up, get a copy of the police report and call my insurance company and have them get ahold of his company...i don't know i just hate dealing with bullschit like this. And yeah the taillight needs replaced, probably the trunk, but the bumper might just need repainted unless it's totally broken off the mount. I'm getting an estimate tomarrow, then showing the guy and hopefully he will be paying up.