General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Got a Civic but not SI...

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 07:57 AM
Default Got a Civic but not SI...

Should I swap in my Honda Civic 06 EX for a Civic 06 SI?

I'd really like to tune my car but not unless it was something worth tuning...

Old 06-16-2007, 08:10 AM
Default RE: Got a Civic but not SI...

damn right i knowi would. but when u swap do u have to pay and difference or something or is it an striaght up swap with no string attatch?

Old 06-16-2007, 09:15 AM
HCF Member

yes, right now, dont even finish reading this. if you can do it, do it.

Old 06-16-2007, 10:54 AM

keep in mind. if u live close or near a bad area where lot of car thief are. the SI is a rare find. i live in miami. car thief wouldnt hesistate to steal a civic 2000 si on the spot regardless where it's park (except police station)

Old 06-16-2007, 10:56 AM

i know ur talkin bout the 06 civic a professional are grabbin those right now. u can find si 06 engine stolen every 6 miles cuz the number of people who want a K series in their older civics are high people would pay 1,500 for the engine with tranny EASILY than spending a lil over 3,000 for one legally.

Old 06-16-2007, 11:02 AM

i never understood why people are so scared of theift. the way i see it its just like death when its ur turn its ur turn. u dont see people driving Bently and BMW being scared so why should u. i understand that civic asre the most theift car but if u protect ur assets good enought u will be fine. get an high alarm like Viper or clifford, get that bar thing that goes across the steering wheel, get some rim locks. also ur neigbrhood have a lot to do with thing too so....

Old 06-16-2007, 11:09 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well IF you do be sure to pay a HIGH DOLLAR alarm instaler.... if you have to do a 6hour drive to get to the NICE shop DO IT!!!!

a high quality alarm instal will save the car in MOST thieves.... BUT will not save car from prepared thieves that have tow trucks.... BUT you should prevent all smash and punch ignition theives!!!!
have the alarm relocated somewhere else in the car hidden to all but you and the instal shop! and some steel shielding around the steering colum/ignition under the trim panels to be hidden... and even a steel shield under the dash....
and for even more protection from a tow truck.. a air suspension setup and when you park drop the air outta it maybe even some steel blocks mounted under your car so it will drag the blocks and make a bunch of noise if they do try and tow or drag it off... [8D]

glass breakage sensors, 4 alarm sirens hidden all over the car inside and out... even some steel shielding around inside of the door lock and handles that way that cannt be easily poped out with a screw driver

BUT MOST IMPORTANT... FULL COVERAGE INSURANCE on the ride!
ya dont wanna buy a new hot car and be stuck paying for it if someone steals it.....

Old 06-16-2007, 11:18 AM

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

well IF you do be sure to pay a HIGH DOLLAR alarm instaler.... if you have to do a 6hour drive to get to the NICE shop DO IT!!!!

a high quality alarm instal will save the car in MOST thieves.... BUT will not save car from prepared thieves that have tow trucks.... BUT you should prevent all smash and punch ignition theives!!!!
have the alarm relocated somewhere else in the car hidden to all but you and the instal shop! and some steel shielding around the steering colum/ignition under the trim panels to be hidden... and even a steel shield under the dash....
and for even more protection from a tow truck.. a air suspension setup and when you park drop the air outta it maybe even some steel blocks mounted under your car so it will drag the blocks and make a bunch of noise if they do try and tow or drag it off... [8D]

glass breakage sensors, 4 alarm sirens hidden all over the car inside and out... even some steel shielding around inside of the door lock and handles that way that cannt be easily poped out with a screw driver

BUT MOST IMPORTANT... FULL COVERAGE INSURANCE on the ride!
ya dont wanna buy a new hot car and be stuck paying for it if someone steals it.....
for allllll that bro i rather SLEEP in the car.

but good advice. pay a HIGH DOLLAR alarm installer. ****ty installation gives thief a laugh. those are the one that should really be in the movie "gone in 60 second" a good installation is the one who cover their wires in black tapes and doesnt leave the alarm hangin or shove it under the dash. its well screw in and tape up professionally. alarm comes with enough wires for u to reach fuse box and other place for installation. if the distance is short they would cut it not roll em up in a ball it will give the position of the alarm out easily. a good installation does add the hood pin. most installation get tired or lazy or just in not in the mood that day to give u a high dollar alarm installation. so make sure u mention the hood pin

Old 06-16-2007, 11:21 AM

ORIGINAL: s2000gtx

i never understood why people are so scared of theift. the way i see it its just like death when its ur turn its ur turn. u dont see people driving Bently and BMW being scared so why should u. i understand that civic asre the most theift car but if u protect ur assets good enought u will be fine.
dont listen to this fool. it NEVER has to be ur turn. just make sure u buy some accessory for the alarm when u have it install. it's worth the money. if u can get all 4 of these then your ALOT saver than a 500 dollar clifford pager alarm.

1. motion sensor (movement detection)
2. glass sensor (high pitch sound from glass cracking)
3. shock sensor ( impact)
4. tilt sensor (for tow trucks or sum1 tryin to lift ur car up to remove the rims)

Old 06-16-2007, 12:02 PM
Recognized HCF Member

and quite a few sirens...... one siren is easy to locate and cut.....
also all sensors must be setup properly! no one likes a car alarm going off all the time for the wind blowing!

ive heard that excuse SO MANY TIMES.... ( alarm kept going off so they just turned the alarm off) and WOW how did that helpen.. my cars gone!!!!!!!!
cause theives sometimes take thier time and scope out a car.... stand around and throw rocks or something at the car to set off the shock sensor that way the alarm goes off and after so many times with these triggers you think they are FALSE TRIGGERS and just turn off the alarm... and thats when the theif goes for the gustos

Quick Reply: Got a Civic but not SI...