General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Got a Civic but not SI...

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 12:21 PM
Stinky Administrator
Default RE: Got a Civic but not SI...

ORIGINAL: AEC1988

Should I swap in my Honda Civic 06 EX for a Civic 06 SI?

I'd really like to tune my car but not unless it was something worth tuning...
if you don't have to pay much in the trade i'd say go for it but remember an si gets worse gas mileage and you have to run premium fuel. and about an alarm the 06 up honda's have a great alarm system with starter kill its called the immobilizer its one of the best oem alarms out right now. good luck with whatever you decide

Old 06-16-2007, 12:33 PM

yea, I just need to find out where I can trade my car in for the SI.

you think ill be able to trade it in and be able to get a much lower price on the SI? bought the civic 3 months ago and its in good condititon except some scratches in the rear.

Old 06-16-2007, 12:40 PM
Stinky Administrator

i don't know man its hard dealing with a dealership to get what you want on your car. ive done alot of dealing with them and they don't like giving much for trade ins all i can say is find a good si and try and see what they will offer

Old 06-16-2007, 02:30 PM

ORIGINAL: defjamon22z

ORIGINAL: s2000gtx

i never understood why people are so scared of theift. the way i see it its just like death when its ur turn its ur turn. u dont see people driving Bently and BMW being scared so why should u. i understand that civic asre the most theift car but if u protect ur assets good enought u will be fine.
dont listen to this fool. it NEVER has to be ur turn. just make sure u buy some accessory for the alarm when u have it install. it's worth the money. if u can get all 4 of these then your ALOT saver than a 500 dollar clifford pager alarm.

1. motion sensor (movement detection)
2. glass sensor (high pitch sound from glass cracking)
3. shock sensor ( impact)
4. tilt sensor (for tow trucks or sum1 tryin to lift ur car up to remove the rims)

listen u little dipsh*t i didnt mean it like that i mean that wheni was comparing it to death. death is unexpected and if u live u life worry about dieing u wont really have any fun in life same way with the damn car if ur worry about getting ur car stolen all the time, than urnever really goin ot have any fun with ur new car. ur goin to be too scared to park it and even do mofification to it and by modification i mean by adding a sound sysytem, or indash tv and such. Just get a alarm and i honestly can say that the little bar thing u put across the steering wheel work becasue that what help my dad when they broke into his car.

Old 06-16-2007, 03:22 PM
HCF Member

get lowjack. best thing possible to keep **** who cannot afford to buy their own **** or get a decent job. instead they have to steal from people who work hard. then they go home to there **** on scum homes living with mommy and there uncle because rent will be cheaper so they can buy more crack. sorry for that i just get upset on this topic!!

Old 06-16-2007, 04:54 PM
Recognized HCF Member

LOL well to bad lowjack doesnt work everywhere! i wish it would BUT.... nope not in my area

id need some type of GPS tracking device.... ID LOVE TO have one!!!!!!

Old 06-16-2007, 05:05 PM

u mean somethign like OnStar? but i dont think OnStar work for civic?

Old 06-16-2007, 05:31 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well something like onstar... but just tracking... i think thier are afew brands that do tracking BUT price aint cheap so i passed on them....

plus not to mention if you got sometype of tracking youd want to have some type of hidden/secure instal with a backup battery of some type thats isolated system...

Old 06-16-2007, 05:58 PM

why buy an ex if you really wanted an si in the first place? not to be mean, but if thats what you wanted, i would have just waited for one in the first place. You lose about 2000 dollars in depreciation once a car is titled and driven off the lot, it is now considered a used car.

Old 06-16-2007, 06:11 PM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: AEC1988

you think ill be able to trade it in and be able to get a much lower price on the SI?
no, the Si is more expensive than the EX, no way it will be cheaper or even a straight up trade

Quick Reply: Got a Civic but not SI...