General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

got my new paging TRUE color alarm instaled. :)

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 04:29 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: i hate ups. they so slow! im waiting on my new alarm system.

dang we have a master of all trades on our hands lol. yea my parents had circuit city install my keyless entry/starter. and my valet switch just hangs down.

Old 02-12-2008, 05:06 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well for the valet switch i just have mine hanging down as well in my 99. easy way to somewhat hide it is to pull off your lower dash fuse door and wrap it around the little plastic brace and put the cover back on to hold the switch up and hidden.
to me its a better idea than drilling a hole in the dash!
or just zip tie the wire up to at least be hidden.

but ya i can do alot.... electrical auto and home, plumbing blablabla but as ALOT of people can tell im not that good at spelling.LOL but my dads taught me alot..... and i do put it use. still alot i dont know but im always willing to learn more. just not spelling or grammer or LOL im stuck in my ways their. LMFAO

but only 2 things ya need to learn to do anything. desire and research..... hell you cannt imagine how much money ive saved on doing instals and repairs myself!
hell last years i had to remove the houses blater tank and water softener so the furnace guy could replace the furnace blower cause it went bad and it was under warente.

Old 02-13-2008, 05:18 PM
Recognized HCF Member

o well i started messing around with the alarm and now i have all the sensors wired in, shock sensor set perfectly, got the led scanner installed as well.

only one thing i have to do now that i just remembered was wiring up a starter interrupter with a relay to the E-brake sensor. i forgot, but at least i can get to those wires without pulling the dash apart again to get to the alarm. so far paging distance works good but haven't fully tested it out yet because theirs a lot of snow/ice out their and i dont feel like walking down the road.

my only other annoying thing to me was the remotes leather case that has a belt clip on it! how the hell keeps their keys on a belt clip????? well unless you got keys from work when your at work!
so i cut that sucker off and grinded it smooth as i could with the bench grinder i could have gone further but i didnt want to tear up the leather or fake leather... what ever it is.LOL i just do not want to scratch up the remotes face like i did with all my others.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:53 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

o well i started messing around with the alarm and now i have all the sensors wired in, shock sensor set perfectly, got the led scanner installed as well.

only one thing i have to do now that i just remembered was wiring up a starter interrupter with a relay to the E-brake sensor. i forgot, but at least i can get to those wires without pulling the dash apart again to get to the alarm. so far paging distance works good but haven't fully tested it out yet because theirs a lot of snow/ice out their and i dont feel like walking down the road.

my only other annoying thing to me was the remotes leather case that has a belt clip on it! how the hell keeps their keys on a belt clip????? well unless you got keys from work when your at work!
so i cut that sucker off and grinded it smooth as i could with the bench grinder i could have gone further but i didnt want to tear up the leather or fake leather... what ever it is.LOL i just do not want to scratch up the remotes face like i did with all my others.

They make screen protectors for phones and ipods and psp's and shtuff like that. why don't you get a pack of those and cut em to size for your lcd screens? you can get them at good ol' wally world (walmart) in the electronic section by the ipod accessories.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:14 PM

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

if anyone wants to learn how to instal their own alarms i HIGHLY SUGGEST www.the12volt.com
thats where i learned a lot from when i started beginning... other than that just remember you dont have to use "every wire" on the system.LOL i have ruffly 10wires that im not using because its not needed.

Thanks for the link to the site, I will check it out, I always like to learn about these things...

Old 02-14-2008, 12:37 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Try.Fail.Repeat

They make screen protectors for phones and ipods and psp's and shtuff like that. why don't you get a pack of those and cut em to size for your lcd screens? you can get them at good ol' wally world (walmart) in the electronic section by the ipod accessories.
ya i know they make some like that but this one covers the whole case.
cause my 99s DEI paging alarm system after being in my pocket for about a year its collected like lint on the inside of the screen, plus scratches all over the face and body as well. looks ugly......

but with the belt clip button cut off it doesnt anoy me in my pocket anymore so thats a good thing!

Old 02-14-2008, 07:39 PM
HCF Member

Yea today i was looking at my remote starter that circuit city installed. They hacked the crap out of it They used electrical tape and taped my led light, valet switch and shut off switch all together and shoved it up under the dash. It hit my leg today and i was like umm yep never letting other people install me **** ever again. I re ran those 3 wires and hooked up my led light. And hid my switches. But circuit city is dumb and the switches down't work like they are suppose too.

Old 02-15-2008, 12:07 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well i found out that i couldnt use the blue led alarm light because the antena comes with two other plugs, one for the valet switch and one for the alarms led, which is preaty nice because you dont have a seperate switch since the switch it built into the antena, BUT the led on the antena just isnt positioned right....
so i just ended up instaling that 7led blue scanner thing to the alarm tho right now its just velcrod to the windshield up top because im going to get the car tinted so didnt want to double side tape it just yet..... tho i did stick on the antenas double sided tape because it needs to hold it up, ill just remove it when i have the front eyebrow tint instaled, and then just reapply it with new tape.

their is only one reason i would ever take my car to a alarm instal place is if i had a newer car that had factory alarm and must use extra bypasses. and thats just because they have some kick @ss wire diagrams for the factory systems to bypass them!!!!

hell the instal sheet the ebay seller gave me with the alarm was very nice! very easy to find all the wires! only extra wire i had to run thru the car is for the hood sensor.
so now even if the hood is poped slightly it will set off the alarm as well as the trunk lid, and both doors. and shock sensor on the steering colum seems to be a great place. covers the hood, both door handles, and even the rear trunk lock panel.

tho i didnt use any of the other extra parts for the alarm yet... my windows both seem to move forwards when rolling them up and the passenger window is realy slow going up so im not going to instal the window roll up modual just yet!
i dont think the car is worthy to have the proximity sensor or glass breakage sensor just yet.....
im also holding back the backup alarm siren instal until i try to build my custom center console which ill built it with the siren intergrated into it.

Old 02-15-2008, 12:21 PM
HCF Member

Dude:

can i please come to see you and have you install my alarm. I dont even wnat to know how mcuh i would have to pay to have some wire my alarm up that well..

Old 02-15-2008, 02:31 PM
Recognized HCF Member

LOL that drive alone is nuts.LOL
learn to do your own instals. its not to tuff....

and before trusting a wiring diagram you need to test the wires yourself. because some are WRONG...
the diagram i got from the ebay seller i just found out has two wires not labeled right... the accessory and 2nd ignition wires where wrong!
i compared my other wiring diagram and see why my radio doesnt work with the remote starter, which i guess isnt a bad thing.... so im debating on to either leave it alone or go ahead and wire it up....
ive corrected the wiring diagram so its right, tho i have no idea about the radio wires..... i just know im not cutting any factory radio wires! i just figure id edit it in their with the diagram they gave me...

this is for a 94, i think the 92-94 are the same, maybe the 95 as well but like always test all the wires!