General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

gum on my taillight

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 09:42 PM
HCF Member
Default gum on my taillight

When I got home after shopping at wal-mart I noticed gum on my right tail light. I parked near the back like I usually try to do, but I think it's worse at night because it singles out your car. I'm pissed......I just washed, polished, and waxed my car with meguiars and spent $60 dollars on all the supplies. I hope to god there's no keyed marks on it, I couldn't tell cause it's dark when I found the gum. I guess it's the price you pay for haveing a car that sticks out? I think it's wrong I never screw around with anybodys car even if it's a beater. why are people so inconsiderate? F'n punks....

Old 04-21-2007, 09:52 PM
Default RE: gum on my taillight

I never do understand why people with nice cars park in the back of parking lots. it makes absolutely no sense to me. Parking closer to this store gives you more light, you're closer to your car when coming out (so if someone is messing with your car they are easier to catch) and you're right near the front of the store so there's more people coming in and out (making it less likely for anyone to do anything, since more people might see).

I always park as close to an entrance as possible and I've never had a problem with break ins or vandalism.

Old 04-21-2007, 10:01 PM

i always park in the back because less people park back there! i don't want any door dings! i never have any problems with people messin' with my car though... that would **** me off too!

Old 04-21-2007, 10:15 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: 97_ex

i always park in the back because less people park back there! i don't want any door dings!
Exactly! I hate tight spots and avoid them at all costs. I got one ding from this jerk in an suv that parked like an inch from my car. The next day he was gone sure enough a ding and his crummy red paint left behind.

Old 04-21-2007, 10:29 PM

Well I guess it's just a crappy trade off. Possible dings or vandalism and thievery.

Old 04-21-2007, 11:52 PM
HCF Member

Damn sorry to hear. Just try ot remember that everything come back around.

Old 04-22-2007, 12:00 AM

LOL at the nice car comment

Old 04-22-2007, 12:47 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: INJENalltheway

LOL at the nice car comment

Your saying my car isn't nice?

Old 04-22-2007, 01:12 AM

I hate people like that. Ever time i wash my car, i notice a new scratch (that why black cars suck). I dont care if i see the biggest ricer moblie or jsut a pos; i will never touch another person car.

Old 04-22-2007, 02:16 AM
HCF Member

It's appalling how people do that to other people's cars. A dude did that to my car once in a Wal Mart parking lot while I was sitting in my car. I got out and started yelling at him for it, and he pushed me backward onto my trunk. I punched his *** out right there in broad daylight and never heard another word about it (thankfully no call from the sheriff). How's that for an inspirational story. It always makes me feel better when I think about it after I look at that dent and scratch.

I'm not saying that you should start a fight over a scratch on your car (it's retarded for obvious reasons that I need not make clear), but in that situation, he pushed me first and he had it coming. IMO he got what he deserved. I still have the scratch, though...that sucks.

Quick Reply: gum on my taillight