General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

h22 swap

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 02:01 AM
Default h22 swap

alright well i have decided to do a h22 swap in my 95 civic ex. now i have the motor mount kit, halfshafts, the shiflt linkage assembly that i need. now what i am wanting to know is will there be anyother other things i might run into such as wiring, or relocating anythings. this is the first big time swap being done in my local town. so its a first to me and my buddy who r putting it in. just need some info on stuff to look for or that i need to make sure is done for the swap. thanks for the help. [sm=feedback.gif]

Old 05-20-2008, 05:27 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: h22 swap

I think someone is selling a built H22 in the for sale section, built and everything.

Old 05-20-2008, 05:58 AM
Super Cereal Admin

you're not going to have to relocate anything, but you're going to have to give up power steering and air conditioning (if you have them). Also, you'll probably want to buy an Accord fuel rail; the prelude rail faces the wrong direction. You can use the h22's stock fuel rail, but you'll have to run a fuel line all the way across the engine bay... the accord rail will clean up the engine bay a little bit.

And I hate to break it to you, but I honestly doubt it's the first big swap in your little town. I live in a town of 2,000 people. I always thought I was one of the only people to ever seriously modify an import around here... then I realized I wasn't (there's some seriously bada** cars around here/that used to be around here). And don't even get me started with what people have probably done to muscle cars in your town

Old 05-20-2008, 02:40 PM

So just use an accord fuel rail or just run a fuel line that's simple. Oh and on the seriuos swap there r a lot of muscles cars that run around that r monster I'm just talking bout hondas in my town everyone does either a d or b series in a crx or hatch. Do u know if there will be any wiring that needs to be done. Just curiuos well let me know if ya think of anything else thanks

Old 05-20-2008, 02:52 PM
Super Cereal Admin

yeah, you'll need to mate your stock wiring harness with the h22's harness... and you need to wire up two things (I forget what they are... I think one is an egr valve, I'm not sure on the other). Really, it doesn't look hard. I did about 2 years worth of research on h22 swaps before deciding against it (no room for a turbo, and BOV's sound cool[8D] ). Also, you need to dent part of the frame rail like half an inch to get the h22 to even fit in the engine bay. And to mount the shifter cables, you'll need to cut a hole in your floor. Other than that, it's basically a drop-in swap.

Old 05-20-2008, 04:26 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: reaper2022

I did about 2 years worth of research on h22 swaps before deciding against it
You researched h22 swaps for 2 years straight?!? wow.

Just ask method. he was a h22 civic (I think?)

Old 05-20-2008, 04:37 PM
HCF Member

You can keep your a/c with some modification, I don't know about p/s though. Masonn, you are right, Method has an H22 EG Hatchback

Old 05-20-2008, 04:52 PM
Super Cereal Admin

I didn't think you could keep the a/c in an eg, but you could in an ek.... or is it the other way around? Anyway, I've never heard anybody say they managed to keep the p/s, so I doubt you can.

And Masonn, yeah... 2 years... back when I started, there wasn't much info, so finding reliable information on h22 eg's was kind of hard... and a lot of the time was just doing research on the pros/cons of the h22.

Old 05-20-2008, 06:02 PM

I knew about cutting the whole in the floor board but I didn't know bout the wiring for the egr valve and whatever the other ones is. I member people saying that u have to beat in the firewall, but now I know that is bogus lol just the frame. Well if all goes good it will be done monday. I really hope this is all worth which I am sure it is.

Old 05-20-2008, 06:14 PM
HCF Member

reaper you can keep it in a sixth gen, but it's a lot of work, and extra money.

Quick Reply: h22 swap