General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

HEEEELP ME ( vtec )

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 02:17 AM
Default HEEEELP ME ( vtec )

im gonna buy/install a vtec controller myself. im pretty newb at installing **** so i was wondering if any 1 is down to send me a 'INSTALLING VTEC CONTROLLER FOR DUMMIES' list of what to do haha

Old 05-08-2007, 05:08 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: HEEEELP ME ( vtec )

The VTEC comes set at max from the factory, there's no need for a controller. Leave the VTEC alone.

Old 05-08-2007, 05:24 AM
June 2010 ROTM

^+1 please don't get one, Honda sets them at the best time already. UNLESS, you are using some kind of forced induction (turbo, supercharge). Then it may be desirable to change this setting.

Old 05-08-2007, 05:54 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: danomatic93

^+1 please don't get one, Honda sets them at the best time already. UNLESS, you are using some kind of forced induction (turbo, supercharge). Then it may be desirable to change this setting.
And in that case, your tuner will alter the engagement point via whatever engine management you're running.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:17 AM
HCF Member

I think he just wants one of teh VTEC controlers so tha he can change the point of engagement, so it kicks in sooner and lets it still be engaged when he shifts

Old 05-08-2007, 03:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Fiirkan

I think he just wants one of teh VTEC controlers so tha he can change the point of engagement, so it kicks in sooner and lets it still be engaged when he shifts

Yes... thats all i want lol.

Old 05-08-2007, 08:50 PM

Anyone willing to help me out on this one?

Old 05-09-2007, 03:29 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Best help I can provide for you is to tell you to save your pennies, or put them to better use. I know the vtec controller looks cool, but honestly, its not money well spent and you'll probably regret it down the road

Old 05-09-2007, 10:16 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Forty04

Best help I can provide for you is to tell you to save your pennies, or put them to better use. I know the vtec controller looks cool, but honestly, its not money well spent and you'll probably regret it down the road
Very true, you're probably in the "the more electronics/useless nice looking crap the better" I've been there that's for sure. But trust me save your money especially because some very knowledgable people are advising against it, and they know their stuff. I'm sure we've all purchased stuff, installed and months/weeks later we stop and say.. "why the hell did I buy this?" For me it's my lambo doors, pain in the *** after a while especially for the passengers who don't know how to use it. Gotta love the looks though.
Hope this helped a little.

Old 05-09-2007, 10:20 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Forty04

+1, save the money, piece together a turbo kit, and be happy iwth that. VTEC is already set prime so that the low lobe is making its most power and the high lobe kicks in so you can get the most power. Dont mess with it, buy something else.

Quick Reply: HEEEELP ME ( vtec )