General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Hello, I have been told that newer Civics are not as reliable

Old 10-17-2006, 02:33 AM
Default Hello, I have been told that newer Civics are not as reliable

as they used to be.
Can anyone either testify or deny this?

Old 10-22-2006, 01:53 AM
Default RE: Hello, I have been told that newer Civics are not as reliable

you know I have heard people say that civics just aren't as reliable as they used to be, and in some ways that may be true. The civics drivin now days are mostly u.s. quality (unlike back in the days when a honda came from japan) but working with hondas myself I would say that they aren't the same as they used to be. I will tell you what though, accord transmissions aren't that reliable so be careful if ever purchasing an accord. Other than that all I can say is that they are mostly u.s. and alittle Japan.

Old 10-22-2006, 04:49 AM
HCF Member

IDK about the new civys being less reliable and all, I have a couple of buddies that own 02-04 ex and SI and there running great at about 100K and all they've done is keep them tuned and lubed...

It's all about maintaining ur car, that's any car not jus civs...my pops has a Chevy truck at 150K it runs cherry never been to the shop, jus because he kept up on the maintainence

Old 10-22-2006, 09:22 AM
Cam
HCF Member

I've had next to no problems with my 99 civic, just things wearing out (clutch, disks etc...). My friend has an 2001 civic 1.6 tho and while the drivetrain has been perfect, she's had loads of little problems with a/c breaking, the fan only working either off or full on, creaking seats, and the passenger window now and again refusing to go up or down (only for a few minutes though). Never anything that's taken the car off the road, but the niggly things you dont expect from a japanese car. This was an early car though, and all these faults occured in the first 18 months I think, so maybe it was early quality problems...

Old 10-22-2006, 11:30 AM

i bought my wife an 06 civic one of the first ones and now she has 13,000 on it and no problems yet.

Old 10-23-2006, 12:36 PM

The only problem Ive had on mine in 117k miles was the drivers side door window regulator broke. Talk about makin me scream. Cost 425 bucks to fix and the Honda dealer pissed me the **** off. Other than that my little girl is a fantastic car!!

Old 10-23-2006, 03:15 PM

my cousin has an 06 with about 6k miles now... no issues...

i've got a 98, no issues outside of regular wear items (brakes, tires etc, hell still has original exhaust with exception of center pipe)

my friend drives a 2002 hybrid with dents (her mom's fault), no issues beyond that... though it does have that erie hybrid silence while at lights that just creeps me out

Old 10-23-2006, 08:48 PM
HCF Member

I have a 2001 ex sedan that just got 80k miles the other day and it is runing fine with not a problem in sight. (knock on wood)

Old 10-24-2006, 10:04 PM

Maybe I haven't looked hard enough, but is there a list of maintenance things one must perform for their Civic to make it run forever? I have been on other enthusiasts' forums (not hondas though) and a good number of them have a list of things you have to do every fixed distance.

Thanks.

Old 10-24-2006, 10:23 PM
HCF Member

Those things are listed in owners manual
And, my 03 Si at 30K no problem

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hello, I have been told that newer Civics are not as reliable