General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Help and Advice Needed

Old 04-21-2008, 07:08 PM
Default Help and Advice Needed

I am new to the forum and i need some help. i found a car i really like and was wondering if it is worth the money. the specs on the car are its a 1995 CIVIC. its an auto,with ac, cd player, sub woofers, custom lthr interior, Custom body kit, chamillion paint. Completely modified, 19" wheels, intake, sunroof, carbon hood, and he wants 5595 for it. and it has 109,000 miles. is this bad? i attached a pic and i think i did it right.

Old 04-21-2008, 07:17 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Help and Advice Needed

If you like what he did to it, then yes its an ok price, but make sure the car doesnt need big repairs or its gonna cost you a lot to fix. And remmember that even though its modified, its still a 95.

Old 04-21-2008, 07:42 PM

Yeah dude if you like the mods than its a good buy. Hows the engine run? have you test drove it? Make sure that there are no serious problems with the car like leaks ect... If the engine runs good and it sounds like all maitanence is up to date than I would do it. That car (if taken care of) will run well over 250K so dont be scared by the mileage. My last honda was up to 262K and still running strong.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:06 PM

Well, Kelly Blue Book says it's worth $3,780. So, that's $1815 over KBB value. When I put in the info I also accounted for the rims as "premium wheels."

FYI, mods do not increase the value of the vehicle.

If I were looking at it, and I was going to pay over KBB value because of the paint, intake, body kit, subwoofers, and CF hood, I don't think I would pay that whole $1815 extra. I'd probably try to talk him down to at most $5K.

It's a '95. So, you will definitely want to check things like oil leaks, how does the radiator look, wiring (my wiring is crap, I have a '93. I had to buy a whole new wiring system thing for my headlights that took the load off the stock system), rust (especially in the rear quarter panels!), find out how the suspension is, does it idle good?, any strange noises the car makes, find out whether the timing belt was changed or not and when it was if it has been, check tire wear, do the brakes work good?, etc.

Also, I have an automatic and sometimes I regret buying this car because of that, so you might want to think about that a little and whether or not you really want an auto and are going to want an auto later on still.

Definitely talk him down in the price though.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:37 PM
HCF Member

Do you want a show car or go car?

You didn't mention any performance mods and since it's an auto i'm assuming it's all show. Which isn't bad if thats what you want, I gotta say I like the color and it looks sharp and well maintained, but if in a few months you realize ahh crap I have an auto trans and this engines slow, it's gunna cost more money to swap the trans and turbo or swap the engine.

Old 04-22-2008, 04:19 AM

yea i like the car but i havent test drove it. the guy that owns it owns a car dealership and its there. im think im gonna go today to look at it and it says it has a 6 month warrenty on it. i was wondering bout the auto. i want a 5 speed but i guess an auto will do

Old 04-22-2008, 09:44 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: hollywood06

yea i like the car but i havent test drove it. the guy that owns it owns a car dealership and its there. im think im gonna go today to look at it and it says it has a 6 month warrenty on it. i was wondering bout the auto. i want a 5 speed but i guess an auto will do
If it's not everything you want, don't get it. It's not a mind blowing deal, and you're not getting the 5 speed.