General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Help with choosing a civic...

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 11:56 AM
Question Help with choosing a civic...

Hey I'm looking at 2 Civics, not sure which to get

This one which is pretty much all stock

http://www.davearbogast.com/used-inv...1ebc46a8ca2ce0

Or this one which has a few mods on it like cold air intake, exhost, seat covers and kit.

http://ps.getauto.com/dealer/details...G128X6H508738/

^if that link doesn't work let me know.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:09 PM
HCF Member

Welcome to HCF Amandizzle.
I must ask, what are you looking for in a Honda? Are you looking for just a daily driver, or are you into modifying the car? Are you going to want enigne mods, or just going for looks?

I like the '06 pictured above more than the '07. But when you buy a car that has performance mods, the previous owner most likely beat up on the car. In my eyes, buying a stock car is much better than buying a car that has already been modified. You never know what the previous owner may have ghetto rigged on the modified car.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:09 PM
Stinky Administrator

i would go with the stock one cause you don't know how hard the modded one was driven but the 07 stock one is a little high imo.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:44 PM
HCF Member

i would say go with the 2007. mainly for the reason stated above of people ragging on modded cars. i have learned my lesson as have a few people i know always go for stock to start. plus then you can make it your own style.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:09 AM

"I must ask, what are you looking for in a Honda? Are you looking for just a daily driver, or are you into modifying the car? Are you going to want enigne mods, or just going for looks?"

Im actually looking for both haha

See the things i want to do to the civic once i get it is pretty much already done to the 06' minus a paint job and a couple other things. But if i get the 07' i want to get really well made seat covers, good exhost, i dont want a cold air intake but i want something similar im afraid i would have to much trouble with a cold air intake in the winter since im moving to chicago in jan. I would also like to buy a new spoiler and kit for it. ........theres allot of other stuff but im new to doing anything with cars so im not really sure where to start when it comes to any of this :-?

Old 08-12-2009, 05:39 PM
HCF Member

Sounds like your more into look than doing some serious engine modification. So that model should be just fine for you. The '06 does look clean as hell.
Why do you think you'd have trouble with the cold air intake in the winter? The car would love all the cold air supplied by the winter.

Old 08-12-2009, 07:39 PM
HCF Member

I don't know if anyone noticed or not, but BOTH CARS ARE 5sp AUTOs not 6sp manuals. FTL

Old 08-12-2009, 07:53 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by TheJGB3
I don't know if anyone noticed or not, but BOTH CARS ARE 5sp AUTOs not 6sp manuals. FTL
Its a girl who just wants a car to look good....

And to OP

What type of spoiler kit you looking to get?

Old 08-12-2009, 08:13 PM

Well I think the first one would be better for you, the second one is a little riced out in a couple areas. The seat covers could be removed easily, but that fugly gas door thing is probably a whole different story.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:39 AM

yeah i cant drive 5spd...i mean i want to but noone is willing to teach me and im not going to buy a car if i cant even drive it _shrug_ and yeah i do just want a car that looks good and sounds good....eventually i want to be able to show it. The thing on the gas tank can be pulled off its just like a sticker thing....trust me i checked that because it is ugly as hell haha....I'm actually headed over to the place with the stock 07' to check it out and test drive it. Im not sure what kind of spoiler, nothing to ricey just something small and not to big, kind of like a stock one. I like cars that look good but arnt over board which is what im going to try and do with which ever one i get. I eventually want to get a good paint job either pink or green....Im thinking pink because i kind of want to make it into a cancer awareness car....mabey not sure yet.

but yeah sorry i kind of rambled on

Last edited by Amandizzle; 08-13-2009 at 05:48 AM.