General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

help on my next DIY project..

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 01:16 PM
Default help on my next DIY project..

i currently have a 2002 honda civic lx with a few upgrades. ill be getting pictures up on here asap of it. so after looking through my manual, i stumbled across the little fact that it said that the '02 EX model has the lighted key ring as a standard courtesy light.. and I have been looking and looking and looking all over the interweb as they call it, and I cant find a single decent, detail oriented description of how to put one in an LX model. if anyone has any ideas as to where I can get one of the illuminated rings, please feel free to post. just fyi, i live in the cleveland ohio area, and used car-parts.com and checked, and the closest place that has an ignition from an 02 EX is 65 miles from my area haha. and i would prefer not to drive that far for a little part if need be. and there is nothing on ebay either. so if anyone knows of any reputable sites that i could order one from or get a wiring diagram from so i can wire it up, or any advice on doing it, i would greatly appreciate it all. or hell, even if you know how to do a custom one (still keeping the same key and everything. im not trying to rip out my entire ignition here) and make it look good please post it. or if you find a link to a site that gives instructions and where their parts are from post it. ha. any help is greatly appreciated. thanks guys

02civicnewbie