General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 08:15 PM
Default Help Please

Yo homies, I gots a 95 Civic, it gots a cai, exhaust, coil overs, a big *** wing, an tint. there is a boy I know wit a 1971 Camaro, he gots a cam, exhaust, an other dumb mods like a supercharger. I am new to cars, an thought i would blow that thing away wat wit it being old an all, but we raced earlier, an he beat me in the quarter by like 15-20 cars, an he says he let out. I know my car is a work in progress, but what can i do to beat this guy as soon as i can, he even called me some pretty mean names after we ran, an I wanna beat him bad, plz help

Old 08-31-2007, 10:38 PM
Default RE: Help Please

ORIGINAL: civiciscool

he gots a cam, exhaust, an other dumb mods like a supercharger.
How is a supercharger a dumb mod? As for beating him, unless you havea fair bit of$$$ to put intoyour car,chances of it happening are slim to nil.

Old 08-31-2007, 10:41 PM
HCF Member

First you should slap yourself in the face
Second you should learn about cars before racing.

"dumb mods like supercharger"
Do you have any idea what a supercharger is? and do you know how much boost that is giving him?
The stock 71 camaro has about 270 to 300 hp. I am guessing with all his mod and the supercharger this guy has about 350-400hp.

If you want to beat him, here is what you do:
get in your car, open a can of red bull, drink it, and hopefully with the luck of civic, it will give it wings. Get some rocket boosters and then fly away to the finish line.

Old 08-31-2007, 11:06 PM
HCF Member

hey guys, dont feed the troll, he isnt for real, he is just making a jesture, he think he is funny

Old 09-01-2007, 06:47 AM

hey, I am tryin to learn how to make my car faster, and you shoot me down like that. I would expect dat from a guy in a domestic, but I really thought you guys would try to help. he also said he had nitrous on the car, but i dont believe that, I did not see the red button on the steering wheel

Old 09-01-2007, 09:01 AM
HCF Member

he also said he had nitrous on the car, but i dont believe that, I did not see the red button on the steering wheel
hey guys, dont feed the troll, he isnt for real, he is just making a jesture, he think he is funny
Now I see. What a pathetic lame ***.

Old 09-01-2007, 09:40 AM

ORIGINAL: civic_burns_all

he also said he had nitrous on the car, but i dont believe that, I did not see the red button on the steering wheel
Now I see. What a pathetic lame ***.
hey, come on, I am not a troll, I really love my car, my 2 liter may only be the size of a bottle of coke, but itswhat i have. I love it an I find a forum to try to get help from people, then you guys say these things. that makes me upset and sad, I thought as civic guys you would help. I just looked up numbers on those old cars and they are really fast, i did not know, but i still want to beat him, what do i do short of buying another car

Old 09-01-2007, 11:10 AM
HCF Member

95 civic's come as a 2 litre?

Old 09-01-2007, 03:00 PM
Super Cereal Admin

^ nope... 1.5l and 1.6l..

and you're not going to beat him; it's just not going to happen unless he blows his motor halfway through the race, and even then you still have to catch up before he rolls across the finish line. And "dumb mods" like superchargers are hands down the biggest power-adders to muscle cars.

And for the record:
cold-air: doesn't gain enough power to make a difference. That's not to say it's superfluous, but don't count on it helping you much in a race.
exhaust: let me guess... you have a muffler? Because unless you have a cat-back exhaust, it's just making noise
coilovers: do nothing in a straight line. Trust me, I have them.
big-*** wing: slows you down (literally)
tint: does nothing

Old 09-01-2007, 04:57 PM
HCF Member

Lol do you really write like that or are you also trying to be funny?

Quick Reply: Help Please