General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Honda civic LSi

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 10:26 AM
Default Honda civic LSi

Hi everyone, hows it going?

I've got my first driving lesson on Thursday (my birthday), and have been looking to buy a first car.

So far I'm impressed with what I've heard about Honda, especially civics. Just wondering what anyone can tell me about the LSi, I think this would be the best civic for me as the VTEC, type R ect will be really expensive on insurance.

iirc the LSi is only available in the UK, just looking for advice on what to look out for, general info on the car, what looks good on it, what doesn't, what mods would be good for it ect, all advice welcomed.

Thanks

Belkin

Old 11-26-2007, 02:40 PM
Default RE: Honda civic LSi

rusty rear arches. always check when the cambelt was changed last. the engine i believe is a 1.5 well thats what ive got in my civic 4 door lsi. its go a bit of go power in them. mine had 192000 miles and it still goes strong till the body let it down. make sure all the electrics work. are you going for a hatchback or sedan(saloon). to get a body kit for the sedans you need to be looking at the coupe kits as the front and rear bumpers will fit both but not all side skirts because of the rear doors. lots of parts are availible for both it just depends on what you want. just remember when you can afford a vtec you can keep all the body kits,suspension etc as it will fit them too.(must be same shape)